PDA

View Full Version : Best twin cable box from sponsor?

skittle7
19-02-17, 19:17
Hello,

I've currently got a Vu Solo2 and want to make the switch to cable so want a new box.
I have one VM feed coming into the house so would preferably like the signal to be split inside the box without getting a splitter but not a problem I need to do that.

Needs -
Vix
Double cable tuner at least (3rd tuner would be a bonus)
Fast spec - similar to my Vu Solo2 as I'll be using it as the main living room box

I'm looking at the Edison OS Mega but it's a fixed twin satellite tuner and the 3rd is a cable tuner.

Is there not any boxes out there that have a twin cable tuner and the third (bonus like I say) being a satellite tuner?
Unless there's a mega cheap double cable tuner box that doesn't sacrifice speed that I could get?
Is there a reason why many of the current boxes only have one cable tuner and not two, or is it just me?

I'd like to think I know what I'm doing with the satellite side of things but cable is still a new thing to me after hours of research.

Thanks guys.

gibbletts
19-02-17, 19:24
I have a duo 2 with twin cable and twin sat and have had no issues, money well spent.

khan888
19-02-17, 19:28
Have a look at the octagon sf4008, it's a superb receiver. Vix image not out yet but will be coming soon

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/Octagon/octagon-sf4008-combo-1xdvb-s-s2-s2x-plus-2x-dvb-c-t-t2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtualgirl
19-02-17, 19:59
I have the solo se it's just cable and does the job for me

Andy_Hazza
19-02-17, 20:01
Look no further than the Vu+ Uno 4K with the excellent FBC-C tuner. [emoji4]

Stanman
19-02-17, 20:02
Why not buy the USB turbo tuner which does T2 and cable?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

duoduo
19-02-17, 20:05
I am selling one £40 Inc postage no offers. Works a treat for cable and is brand new. Let me know if interested

skittle7
19-02-17, 20:16
Look no further than the Vu+ Uno 4K with the excellent FBC-C tuner. [emoji4]

Wow, wow, wow!

Let me get this straight -

1) It's plug and play meaning I can swap the tuners from cable to satellite and vice versa in the future?
2) I can record 8 channels off 1x FBC cable tuner? That blows everything else out of the water, surely?
3) I've never heard of the FBC tuner till now, are they a fairly new thing? How old is this box?
4) Vu brand which is extremely popular and which would be a bonus if I stayed with Vu as I enjoy my Solo2.

All for £229?

Seems the technology has come along leaps and bounds since I got my first few boxes.

All of the other suggestions are superb by the way so thank you but this box seems to good to be true, what am I missing? haha

skittle7
19-02-17, 20:19
@ Stanman and duoduo.

I did see the USB tuner idea but plan to give my Solo2 to my father after I buy the new box,
Sorry, forgot to mention!

Andy_Hazza
19-02-17, 21:20
Wow, wow, wow!

Let me get this straight -

1) It's plug and play meaning I can swap the tuners from cable to satellite and vice versa in the future?
2) I can record 8 channels off 1x FBC cable tuner? That blows everything else out of the water, surely?
3) I've never heard of the FBC tuner till now, are they a fairly new thing? How old is this box?
4) Vu brand which is extremely popular and which would be a bonus if I stayed with Vu as I enjoy my Solo2.

All for £229?

Seems the technology has come along leaps and bounds since I got my first few boxes.

All of the other suggestions are superb by the way so thank you but this box seems to good to be true, what am I missing? haha

1/ That is correct. Or you could upgrade to the ultimate receiver & have both. lol. (Vu+ Ultimo 4K)
2/ Awesome init. Yep gives you 8 virtual tuners.
3/ FBC (Satellite) have been out a while with the Vu+ Solo 4K, but the Cable FBC are new yeah, but don't let that put you off!!
4/ An even bigger bonus you liking the Vu+ brand already & you get to stick with that great remote too!
5/ Great price the £229 if you ask me. Only gripe would be not being capable to take an internal HDD.........
It is a great receiver.

bassethound
19-02-17, 21:45
FBC-C tuner for UK cable is a bit over kill there is barely 12 full time FTA channels to watch :smash:

Better off going T2 terrestrial :D

Andy_Hazza
19-02-17, 21:47
Better than just a twin or triple though. [emoji6]

skittle7
19-02-17, 22:00
Wow, impressive.

Only gripes are -

1) Is it only oscam that I can with this box or can I use mgcamd?
2) Will the FBC sat tuners being sold through the sponsor work with this box, just in case I need to switch back?
3) Looking at the back of the box, I think it only takes one cable feed meaning I don't need a splitter, is this correct?
4) Do I need a F to coax connector at the very least?

Thanks again!

Andy_Hazza
19-02-17, 22:28
2/ Yes only Oscam, something you need to learn with the new ARM based receivers.
2/ Vu+ FBC-Satellite tuner yes.
3/ Correct.
4/ Correct.

virtualgirl
19-02-17, 22:41
I am selling one £40 Inc postage no offers. Works a treat for cable and is brand new. Let me know if interested

What box is it please

maxal
19-02-17, 22:47
I thinks it's a USB tuner

duoduo
19-02-17, 22:53
What box is it please

VU turbo USB tuner buddy not a box

Stanman
19-02-17, 23:00
The £229 is not the solo 4k which has FBC tuners. That's the normal HD solo2

skittle7
19-02-17, 23:08
The £229 is not the solo 4k which has FBC tuners. That's the normal HD solo2

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/vu-plus-uno-4k-dvb-c-fbc

That's the one I've been referred to. The Vu+ Uno 4K, not Solo.

skittle7
21-02-17, 22:48
Just let you know whoever reads this thread again that I ordered the Vu Uno 4K, got it setup and love it!
Would recommend!

Andy_Hazza
21-02-17, 22:55
Good man, glad you went with the Vu+ Uno 4K. [emoji1360]