PDA

View Full Version : Attenuator

virtualgirl
19-02-17, 17:53
Can someone tell me does the attenuator go before the splitter but on it or after and goes straight into back if box (in line attenuator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibbletts
19-02-17, 20:07
I have it after so it doesnt mess with the router

virtualgirl
19-02-17, 20:13
I have it after so it doesnt mess with the router

Did it reduce the signal to the box? I hope so

adm
19-02-17, 22:33
Can someone tell me does the attenuator go before the splitter but on it or after and goes straight into back if box (in line attenuator)

After the splitter and it doesn't matter which end of the cable (the splitter end or the box end). While too much signal can cause poor reception and an attenuator will reduce the signal it's usually too little signal that can cause the problems and in this case an in-line attenuator will make the problem worse.

virtualgirl
19-02-17, 22:36
After the splitter and it doesn't matter which end of the cable (the splitter end or the box end). While too much signal can cause poor reception and an attenuator will reduce the signal it's usually too little signal that can cause the problems and in this case an in-line attenuator will make the problem worse.

I'm using an inline one at minute it's watchable but once a day it will have a fit of breaking up etc for about 5 minutes then settle again. Just waiting for the one that goes on the cable to come through post.
Before I put inline on it was 97% signal now I got the inline on it's at 29%

ccs
19-02-17, 22:38
Why do you think 97% is too high?

virtualgirl
19-02-17, 22:40
Why do you think 97% is too high?

Because I was told for cable tv it's way too high!
Plus couldn't even watch it at that high end

cactikid
20-02-17, 00:38
i did a post here with results.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55384-uk-and-irl-cable-query

virtualgirl
20-02-17, 00:40
Sorry I don't understand what your saying.