PDA

View Full Version : OS Mega Kodi issues

gadget-man
17-02-17, 18:38
Hi,

Just finished setting up my Mega and went to try kodi and the screen keeps blinking on and off like mad.

It only calms down once I struggle to navigate over to the right and for some reason the screen resolution is on 1280 x 720p and won't go any higher.

Any ideas please.

johnhoe
17-02-17, 22:39
Yes I can confirm this problem.

Zedabee
18-02-17, 00:00
I too just received an OS Mega and setup.....Kodi works perfectly here, although my resolution in menu is locked to 720p as well (unsure if this is just the UI resolution though ?)

gadget-man
18-02-17, 08:46
Ok thanks guys, I tried removing kodi including deleting the .kodi folders and installed again, still the same.

As my hdmi cables go through my amp I even bypassed the amp and went direct into the tv and got the same issue again.

So not sure why it's working for some etc.

Zedabee
18-02-17, 12:04
What image are you using?, maybe try testing a different resolution in your image settings, it might be a weird conflict there.

Edit to add my working details: Running OpenVix with Kodi installed from Vix feed and image set to run at 1080p/60hz. (Kodi locked to 720 in it's settings tho)

gadget-man
19-02-17, 16:00
Ok thanks, I'm using the latest openvix as well with the Kodi installed from the via plugin section. And my image is set to 1080p/50hz.

Maybe I'll try 60hz and see what happens.

Edit: changing to 60hz made no differerence. Worth a try though.

Cheers.

fbaggy
20-02-17, 20:05
Ok thanks, I'm using the latest openvix as well with the Kodi installed from the via plugin section. And my image is set to 1080p/50hz.

Maybe I'll try 60hz and see what happens.

Edit: changing to 60hz made no differerence. Worth a try though.

Cheers.

try setting the frequency to "multi" I always have that as my default

Zedabee
20-02-17, 20:19
To me it sounds like some weird resolution glitches.... Do you perhaps have another screen in your house that you could test it on to rule your tv in or out ?

gadget-man
27-02-17, 21:42
try setting the frequency to "multi" I always have that as my default

Sorry for late reply, tried multi but still the same.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

gadget-man
27-02-17, 21:43
To me it sounds like some weird resolution glitches.... Do you perhaps have another screen in your house that you could test it on to rule your tv in or out ?

Yes good idea, I will try it on my other tv upstairs and see what it does.

Thanks.

smelldis1luv
14-03-17, 22:24
i was having alot of trouble in the end fresh install of vix 5 and then after initial wizard without cccam info or channel scanning installed the plugin only problem now is kodi wont save my settings