PDA

View Full Version : edision os mini recording/playback problem

scub
17-02-17, 16:18
feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place -
hi there - have recently bought an edision os mini off the site after previously having a vu duo+ from here too.
& the same problem has occurred with both.
i've the latest openvix image & updates .
when i record a program on many of the fta channels (film4 for eg) but does happen on bbc1 itv etc , i cant fast forward any more than x8 & can't rewind at all .
all other channels are fine.

i thought this was a duo thing as it was on its way out but my os mini does exactly the same thing , but again only on fta channels .!
am i missing a setting somewhere ??
no big deal but rather annoying all the same .!!
any ideas ?

scub
18-02-17, 16:16
anyone ?? i can't be the only 1 this happens to - twice !!

garryboy
18-02-17, 17:05
Can you skip backwards with number buttons 1 & 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scub
18-02-17, 17:25
yes - its the rewind /ff /arrow buttons not responding.
2 diff remotes on 2 diff machines both identical problem

garryboy
18-02-17, 18:23
Works fine on my duo. Works fine on my hd51

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
18-02-17, 18:49
i cant fast forward any more than x8 & can't rewind at all . all other channels are fine.When you say "can't" do you mean:

When you press < the status bar show x2, x4 etc. but the playback speed/direction doesn't actually change, or
When you press < nothing happens at all - the status bar doesn't show up

Note that the list of speeds is configurable in Menu->Setup->System->Recording and playback settings. And it is possible to remove them all from the menu list (just done it - although I'm not sure of the logic behind how it was done).

scub
18-02-17, 19:12
When you say "can't" do you mean:

When you press < the status bar show x2, x4 etc. but the playback speed/direction doesn't actually change, or
When you press < nothing happens at all - the status bar doesn't show up

Note that the list of speeds is configurable in Menu->Setup->System->Recording and playback settings. And it is possible to remove them all from the menu list (just done it - although I'm not sure of the logic behind how it was done).. aye I've played about in that menu to no avail.
no what happens is i can use ff/rew or the arrows it'll go x2 x4 x8 & then stick ie freeze on next button press. that's forward, on rewind it sticks at 1st button press. it's set up in the menu to go from 2 - 128 both ways.

birdman
19-02-17, 03:29
no what happens is i can use ff/rew or the arrows it'll go x2 x4 x8 & then stick ie freeze on next button press. that's forward, on rewind it sticks at 1st button press. it's set up in the menu to go from 2 - 128 both ways.That's still open to interpretation.
What do you mean by "freezes" and "sticks".
In particular, for "on rewind it sticks at 1st button press":

does the button on the remote stick
does the picture freeze
does anything at all actually happen

Are you saying that pressing the < button nothing at all happens, or that something happens but it doesn't rewind?

Try to say what does happen, not what doesn't.

scub
19-02-17, 10:06
That's still open to interpretation.
What do you mean by "freezes" and "sticks".
In particular, for "on rewind it sticks at 1st button press":

does the button on the remote stick
does the picture freeze
does anything at all actually happen

Are you saying that pressing the < button nothing at all happens, or that something happens but it doesn't rewind?

Try to say what does happen, not what doesn't.
stick means the picture freezes like it's paused when ⏪ or < is pressed for the 1st time. or when ⏩ or > is pressed for the 4th time. . both are set up to go from x2 on 1st press up to 128. & this only occurs on the fta channels. & both my old duo & brand new os mini do exactly the same thing. very weird??