PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] No signal on most channels but high SNR and AGC %

shaft
16-02-17, 22:44
Hi chaps

I am at a loss with this problem! :confused:

Last week I bought a TM-NANO-SE M2 PLUS 2x DVB-S/S2 from the sponsors for a friend. They installed the latest image for the box and it was working perfectly yesterday using my cables and dish at my house (On 28.2 East). She took it back to her house and said hardly any channels are working (only tested FTA channels). EG. She has no BBC1 but does have BBC2.

She lives over 100 miles from me so I want to get as much advice as possible before driving to her place - and hopefully being able to fix it over the phone instead!

She had a new quad LNB fitted on Saturday. Her SNR and AGC readings are both above 90% for all of the channels that I asked her to try. Again, both tuners are reading well above 90% in Signal Finder. Also, her old Humax Freesat box is still working flawlessly, having just swapped it back to test the dish, cables and LNB.

I told her to restore a backup that I created yesterday, still no good and we also tried a new full scan. Strangely, it only found around 600 channels whereas I find over 900 on my box.

If I had to guess I would say either the dish is slightly out or her new LNB isn't as new as promised! But, her Freesat box is working perfectly!!!

Any suggestions or ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks
shaft.