PDA

View Full Version : new tm nano se m2 plus

paulirving
16-02-17, 01:26
plugged in new box, blue power light cam on no problems when pressed to get out of standby the green light comes on but does not remain on.

only just delivered today is it dead? or should i be doing something else to get it started.

thanks

wezlyons
16-02-17, 12:44
I had pretty much the exact same issue the other week with one I bought.
Powered on but other than the blue power light coming on nothing else happened.

Had to send it back and get a replacement which works spot on :thumbsup:

I'm presuming you got it from World-of-Satellite.co.uk, just raise a ticket on the 'client support' page and they will sort you out.

timofee
16-02-17, 14:27
Check again if it's working. The green light is just a indicator that it is receiving commands from the remote.

The LED that stays on is either red = off(standby) or blue = on and working.

joysleep1
16-02-17, 14:44
Bit worrying that these TM boxes can just fail like that.

bassethound
16-02-17, 15:49
normally technomates are built to last never had a box fail on me ever and i have had loads over the years for friends and family

abu baniaz
16-02-17, 16:03
We've not even established teh box is dead. Just that the remote receive led is not lighting up.

Maybe try openwebif remote to see if box responds

Sicilian
16-02-17, 17:54

ANY box can fail just like that, not only Technomate :rolleyes: thats IF this box has actually failed.

joysleep1
16-02-17, 18:00
ANY box can fail just like that, not only Technomate :rolleyes: thats IF this box has actually failed.

I agree but i am referring to the post where the box failed that was just bought and then replaced.

Sicilian
16-02-17, 18:03
I agree but i am referring to the post where the box failed that was just bought and then replaced.

I purchased a £700 LG soundbar from Amazon a few months back, arrived dead on arrival. Got it replaced, 2nd one was faulty too......

joysleep1
16-02-17, 18:06
I purchased a £700 LG soundbar from Amazon a few months back, arrived dead on arrival. Got it replaced, 2nd one was faulty too......

Wow i am getting worried about my LG V20.. It's been working fine so far

Sicilian
16-02-17, 18:07
Wow i am getting worried about my LG V20.. It's been working fine so far

LOL! It's electronics, worry about it IF it actually fails.

paulirving
17-02-17, 12:22
yes a ticket has been raised, when i switch it on tv does not even recognise it is plugged. have tried a couple of different hdmi leads and al cables correct place. not sure how i could check openwebif as i dont know the ip address of the box.

bassethound
17-02-17, 12:30
If you log into your router and check the DHCP Clients List (might be named slightly different for each router) you can see every device connected to your router and the assigned ip address

paulirving
17-02-17, 12:48
yeah just looked it does not show as a connected device

wezlyons
17-02-17, 13:34
I've had loads of Technomate boxes over the years and they've always been rock solid.
I've personally got two of these boxes and a couple of family members have them too after my recommendation, all have worked brilliantly with no issues.

Getting one that didn't work wont put me off buying the same box again.

No matter what the tech there will always be pieces that are dead on arrival, it just happens.

joysleep1
17-02-17, 13:43
I've had loads of Technomate boxes over the years and they've always been rock solid.
I've personally got two of these boxes and a couple of family members have them too after my recommendation, all have worked brilliantly with no issues.

Getting one that didn't work wont put me off buying the same box again.

No matter what the tech there will always be pieces that are dead on arrival, it just happens.

Yh I am debating getting this for my brother. He wants at least 3 tuners. I am trying to sourch an xtrend 1000 or 8000 or any other powerful triple or quad tuner box but they just do not exist anymore.

paulirving
17-02-17, 15:11
yes agree you do get some DOA i have to send it back to world of sat

wezlyons
19-02-17, 21:04
Yh I am debating getting this for my brother. He wants at least 3 tuners. I am trying to sourch an xtrend 1000 or 8000 or any other powerful triple or quad tuner box but they just do not exist anymore.
Got myself an Edision OS Mega (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/edision-os-mega-osmega) a couple of weeks back and it's been great.
It has two sat tuners and a hybrid tuner that accepts sat, cable and terrestrial input so it should fit your brother's needs.