PDA

View Full Version : Is multi boot working yet?

bassethound
15-02-17, 20:30
Is multi boot working yet if so any one willing to post a how to? :thumbsup:

rossi2000
15-02-17, 20:47
plugins, extensions

openmultiboot?

john doe
02-03-17, 09:44
am I correct in saying multiboot, is where you can flash one image (example-OpenATV) and install another image (example - Openvix)? where you can switch between images

johnhoe
02-03-17, 09:54
Yes I have multiboot installed with an 8G USB using latest Vix. I can confirm that it appears to work properly except for a minor problem:-
On booting up with multiboot the user is faced with a new select boot menu showing every extra image you have installed in USB and the one you have in flash (in my case VIX) BUT after booting to an alternative image and then returning to VIX image the restore, backup and image facility found in the Vix part of setup then looks at the USB rather than the previous hard drive for backups. This is corrected only when you reboot into VIX. This may be a VIX bug.

twol
02-03-17, 10:40
Have to say I haven,t noticed this, but then my ATV backups etc are on my HDD and ViX are on my USB.
Just find the whole thing painfully slow in going from one image to another .. will be hopefully happier when Octagon add a Mutant like multiboot facility, rather than this plugin so I can throw it in the garbage bin:)

dlmlus
02-03-17, 11:12
We are talking about the sf4008 here, yes.
If so how long as there been a vix image and where is it.

Andy_Hazza
02-03-17, 11:37
No ViX image for SF4008 just yet. Twol builds his own, thus the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlmlus
02-03-17, 11:55
No ViX image for SF4008 just yet. Twol builds his own, thus the confusion.

Thank You Andy
yes i am easily confused, lol
(can,t wait for VIX)

Andy_Hazza
02-03-17, 12:13
Thank You Andy
yes i am easily confused, lol
(can,t wait for VIX)

Not long buddy. [emoji4]

twol
02-03-17, 12:14
Shouldn,t be long, it all works for the SF4008 :)