PDA

View Full Version : Octagon 4k HDD no storage device found

john doe
15-02-17, 17:18
just received the above box with openatv 6.0 and I have a few issues.

1- i installed a hdd, but I get "no storage devices found" when i try to initialize.

2- installed softcam oscam atv 1.2 11353. I ftp'd my config files to tuxbox (had to make new folder called config and put in there, there was not one showing). but not working

Willo3092
15-02-17, 17:37
The oscam folder is in /usr/keys/ on ATV.

Maybe try and initialise the hdd on your pc first?

khan888
15-02-17, 17:44
On ATV the config files go into /usr/keys only not into any other folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
15-02-17, 17:47
The oscam folder is in /usr/keys/ on ATV.

Maybe try and initialise the hdd on your pc first?

tried usr/keys but nothing. will try hdd on pc

khan888
15-02-17, 17:48
I can upload the oscam ipk file but not sure if we can upload softcams on here

john doe
15-02-17, 17:51
I can upload the oscam ipk file but not sure if we can upload softcams on here

thanks. managed to sort it, put files in wrong folder.

know for the HDD

john doe
15-02-17, 18:19
thanks. managed to sort it, put files in wrong folder.

know for the HDD

sorted HDD. had it plugged in wrong connection. what a wally. cant wait for openvix image

khan888
15-02-17, 18:23
sorted HDD. had it plugged in wrong connection. what a wally. cant wait for openvix image

I nearly done them same thing as two connections the same pretty close to each other. Yep same here can't get on with the atv image but it will be worth the wait [emoji4]

twol
15-02-17, 18:28

I must have been lucky just never noticed another connection ... my wife would say once I see something I never look for the rest:)
Pleased you are set up ... it really is a nice receiver ... especially on ViX :)

john doe
15-02-17, 18:37
I must have been lucky just never noticed another connection ... my wife would say once I see something I never look for the rest:)
Pleased you are set up ... it really is a nice receiver ... especially on ViX :)

am delighted it with. just need that vix image though :thumbsup: so easy to use compared to openatv

bassethound
15-02-17, 19:06
I'm starting to like openatv 6 lots of settings to play with once you find the location also managed to find a really nice skin the wife likes and runs a dream with Ncam also using vu+ remote with no problem

dlmlus
15-02-17, 19:07
For anyone thats getting 1 of these box,s .
When installing a hdd, On the motherboard next to the correct plug it,s printed on the board (HDD Power)

dlmlus
15-02-17, 19:09
I'm starting to like openatv 6 lots of settings to play with once you find the location also managed to find a really nice skin the wife likes and runs a dream with Ncam also using vu+ remote with no problem

I have had to use Ncam myself as Oscam was a pain(probably due to me).
Ncam worked first time.

bassethound
15-02-17, 19:17
Fitting the HDD was over fiddly with the cables not having enough room to fold back on them selfs could have done with 2 cables instead of the one that splits in two.

twol
15-02-17, 19:34
Fitting the HDD was over fiddly with the cables not having enough room to fold back on them selfs could have done with 2 cables instead of the one that splits in two.

I guess that was my biggest complaint ... a backward step when you have receivers like the ET8500 where the HDD just slides into the box .... and the cables are very stiff ... apart from the 13 screws you have to play with:)

john doe
15-02-17, 19:41
also to add. be very careful when fitting a HDD, as the caddy was slipping all over the motherboard components.

lovely little box:D. the remote is great as you don't need to point directly at the box.

bassethound
15-02-17, 19:46
I like the remote very sensibly laid out but the wife insisted she uses the vu+ remote she's feed up with me changing boxes and remotes all the time

john doe
15-02-17, 19:51
I like the remote very sensibly laid out but the wife insisted she uses the vu+ remote she's feed up with me changing boxes and remotes all the time

Am certain the wife will complain today when she see a new remote:D

bassethound
15-02-17, 19:54
The box will use the remote from the most common boxes on sale today and a few older ones like the et400

A bonus for me tried the et8000 but the wife gave it the big thumbs down glad I don't own a mutant lol

twol
15-02-17, 20:06
My wifes used to using our Ipad app (Simple Control) where from her point of view she doesn,t even know I have changed the receiver:) .. apart from the receiver image change (perhaps I shouldn,t do that:) )

bassethound
15-02-17, 20:13
the wife only watches two channels but still struggles changing them with a remote :smash:

john doe
15-02-17, 20:33
the wife only watches two channels but still struggles changing them with a remote :smash:
hahahahaha:D

dlmlus
15-02-17, 22:16

does she read this forum lol