PDA

View Full Version : [ET8500] Issues with timeshift pausing and recording

fowleronline
15-02-17, 09:43
Hi
My original post was on the specific XT8500 forum, but perhaps I put it in the wrong place and the issue is Vix not the box.

Two things I can't seem to find the answer to in the searches I have done, perhaps my terminology is wrong, I'm a relative newcomer and not fully up to speed yet.

1) When I have been on the same channel for some time, why can I not rewind past the start of the present programme?

2) After a long pause in live tv, I watch what I have paused, then press stop to return to live channel. At this point the channel freezes and the only way out is to change off the channel and then switch back. Why?

I have done the updates and am on the latest build at the time of posting and updating hasn't resolved the two issues I regularly experience.

Thanks in advance your your advice.

Martin

0jjones
15-02-17, 09:51
The answer to your first question is because it is not continuously recording. So if you have been watching a channel for an hour or so it would meena your hard drive will have to record it taking up space on your hard drive. This is why you can't rewind the channel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccs
15-02-17, 11:30
Time shift only works on the current program/event.

The < key should, in theory, allow you to get back to the previous event, (2 presses) but doesn't appear to work anymore.

birdman
15-02-17, 11:33
Time shift only works on the current program/event.

The < key should, in theory, allow you to get back to the previous event, (2 presses) but doesn't appear to work anymore.The latter could well be explained by the former.

bbbuk
15-02-17, 21:24
If it's not working anymore (haven't tried recently tbh), could this maybe looked into?

fowleronline
15-02-17, 23:03
Thanks folks,

I though the rewinding thing was a setting I had missed. I find it annoying when I miss the end of a programme, and because I had not paused it when I left the room, I cannot rewind back into it. I have an almost empty 1tb HD, so I would be happy for it to continually record the channel I am on until I tell it to do otherwise. Is there a way to request this facility from the Vix team please?

Any thoughts on the system locking up when trying to get back to real time from a timeshifted programme using the stop button?

Thanks again.

Emcken
16-02-17, 10:04
I raised this issue last month and had replies. I've seen the same problem on the 8500, the Miraclebox and the Technomate Nano http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=54890
I don't get any of these timeshift issues with the cheaper unofficial boxes I was hoping to replace.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Emcken
16-02-17, 10:05
*had no replies

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

bbbuk
16-02-17, 20:11
It's not box related, I think its image related.