PDA

View Full Version : Best hybrid 2 x DVBS 1 x DVBC

scottmcmullan8
13-02-17, 15:08
Hi,

Just wondering at present which is the best receiver to go for that has two dvb-s tuners and one dvb-c/t

Can't see that many on the sponsors site at present - Edison OS Mega looks decent any of you got one? Are there any better options?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
13-02-17, 15:21
Great specs the OS mega (Non 4K) is, you could also look at the new Octagon SF4008 (4K) receiver which is getting good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassethound
13-02-17, 16:13
Octagon SF4008 is a cracking box got mine today from wos only downside is no vix yet im sure it wont be long

scottmcmullan8
13-02-17, 16:21
It looks great that box - however I do want Vix on it

bassethound
13-02-17, 16:33
It looks great that box - however I do want Vix on it

Im sure it wont be long before it gets vix:thumbsup:

danlou
13-02-17, 17:39
have the osmega and it's running really well with Vix and also the Kodi plugin. Have it setup with 2xdvb-s and 1xdvb-t but that can be configured for cable instead...

kokojnr
14-02-17, 04:35
I use OS mega as my main receiver, works really good with VIX and Kodi.
I think the best stuff about it is the tuner combo 3rd turner can either be used as DVB-C or DVB-S2

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

scottmcmullan8
14-02-17, 11:37
Thanks guys, good price too! How does it compare speed wise to the likes of the Solo2 when zapping, epg etc.

Also how is the remote? It doesn't look great but a remote is a remote as long as it works well. I hated my Miraclebox remote at the start and now I love it best remote I've used- strange how you adapt

danlou
14-02-17, 14:38
Thanks guys, good price too! How does it compare speed wise to the likes of the Solo2 when zapping, epg etc.

Also how is the remote? It doesn't look great but a remote is a remote as long as it works well. I hated my Miraclebox remote at the start and now I love it best remote I've used- strange how you adapt

OSMega? It's fast enough for me approx 30 secs for reboot, can't compare with any VU+ as don't own one. The remote is the same as the other Edison models - chunky but durable.

scottmcmullan8
14-02-17, 15:29
OSMega? It's fast enough for me approx 30 secs for reboot, can't compare with any VU+ as don't own one. The remote is the same as the other Edison models - chunky but durable.

Yeah fast in terms of the zapping and changing of channels - parsing epg etc.

danlou
14-02-17, 15:33
It's fine , to be honest functionality matters more than speed to me.
These housekeeping events epg, ABM etc happen overnight when I'm asleep so not too bothered about speed as such.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
14-02-17, 20:48
Vu+ are the best when comes to parsing epg data. If I was you, get the Vu+ Solo2, a solid stb and still great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerinemo
14-02-17, 21:36
dont forget about the duo2
I have one with 2 dvbs2 and a dvbt2
Works great absolutely great

Andy_Hazza
15-02-17, 00:20
dont forget about the duo2
I have one with 2 dvbs2 and a dvbt2
Works great absolutely great

I agree, the Vu+ Duo2 is a solid receiver too. [emoji4]