PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mini] No space left on device of Edison OS Mini

irishuser
12-02-17, 18:56
Hi,
this is my first post. I have tried to search for an answer but failed. My question may be extremely basic, so apologies in advance.

I am an end user of and Edison satellite receiver which decodes signals from a dish. Without changing any settings on my box, which was working perfectly, the box stopped showing signals.
There is a menu option to run a script called '/scripts/fixskybox.sh' which normally rectifies any glitches. On this occasion, it was unsuccessful and I can see clearly the problem appears to be related to no space being left on the device. Now, I do not have any recordings, which I store on an external memory stick. I suspect the memory that is full is on the box itself.

I do not want to do a 'factory reset', given that I bought this box off a supplier that configured all the satellite channel encodings, etc.

Any tips on freeing up memory?

dbmx
12-02-17, 19:31
have a look where your EPG is being stored, it needs to be on external memory not on box memory.

irishuser
12-02-17, 19:50
have a look where your EPG is being stored, it needs to be on external memory not on box memory.

Thanks.
Is this something I can do from the interface available from the remote control? I have never connected to this box at a terminal level

irishuser
12-02-17, 19:53
Hi.
I've just found how to do this via the box remote control. The EPG is stored in /media/hdd which I believe is the external memory stick.
Any other suggestions?

abu baniaz
12-02-17, 19:55
The internal flash memory is full, not the HDD. As previous poster has suggested, it is more likely an EPG issue or one of the IPTV plugins that has stored stuff on the internal flash memory.

You will have to connect to the receiver at terminal level to fix it.

irishuser
12-02-17, 20:00
The internal flash memory is full, not the HDD. As previous poster has suggested, it is more likely an EPG issue or one of the IPTV plugins that has stored stuff on the internal flash memory.

You will have to connect to the receiver at terminal level to fix it.

Thanks.
The EPG appears to be stored on the external guide. Would you have a reference to any guide on how to connect to this at terminal level.
And then how I rectify the space issue. I have a little experience on using Terminal on my MAC.

Attached is a copy of a sample error

abu baniaz
12-02-17, 20:08
Backup the following files using an FTP client

CCcam.cfg located in /etc
newcamd.list located in /usr/keys/
mg_cfg located in /usr/keys/
all files named oscam* located in /etc/tuxbox/config/
settings in /etc/enigma2

Then install latest image.

There is built-in terminal for Macs. Sorry, don't know how to use a Mac. I gave up when I struggled to eject a 3.5" disk.

Ashley69
12-02-17, 20:49
For mac. Open terminal. Type in. telnet (your IP address) have a space between telnet and IP address.
Then when connected type in root
Type password if you have one.

irishuser
12-02-17, 20:52
Backup the following files using an FTP client

CCcam.cfg located in /etc
newcamd.list located in /usr/keys/
mg_cfg located in /usr/keys/
all files named oscam* located in /etc/tuxbox/config/
settings in /etc/enigma2

Then install latest image.

There is built-in terminal for Macs. Sorry, don't know how to use a Mac. I gave up when I struggled to eject a 3.5" disk.

Thanks Abu.
I think I will void my support agreement / warranty for my box of I reinstall an image. Is there anything obvious i can delete that would not affect core configuration?

Thanks!

abu baniaz
12-02-17, 21:02
Only pay servers restrict people from flashing images. We don't support such activities on the forum.