PDA

View Full Version : This CoolTVguide issue

PaulC
11-02-17, 20:44
After this recent issue with CoolTVGuide shutting down after 1st Feb, I did some research and learned that a version 7.6 had been made available to replace the 7.3. I downloaded the ipk file and put it on a USB.

Inserted the USB, gave me an option to install, which I did.
Told me it had updated accordingly.

Went back onto the EPG guide, and it was still shutting down, telling me it was 7.3.

What have I done wrong? I'm a total numpty with this stuff. Do I need to do something else?

Any help would be of assistance. Its running a 4th Dimension Open PLI - if that means something.

I really want the CoolTV guide back. I can hold the EPG button, and use another EPG list, but my missus wants the "full screen version" (as she calls it!) and is bending my ear to fix it. There must be a way to do it!!

Anyone that can assist (and get me brownie points) please!!

Andy_Hazza
11-02-17, 20:47
I dunno. I prefer ViX & CrossEPG on my receivers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
11-02-17, 20:49
Maybe someone who uses OpenPLi & CoolTV Guide who uses this ViX forum maybe able to shed some light for ya....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
12-02-17, 15:55
The original author of this GUI has passed away so you are pretty much relying on others to carry on his work. It may be time to bite the bullet and look for a better, more regularly updated alternative.