PDA

View Full Version : Some post VIX image install questions

jackhill99
13-01-11, 15:21
Hi everyone.

I've setup my Vu+ Duo with the 1.3 VIX image and have fine tuned about 80% of the things I use it for. I am however having an issue with the services. I used DreamEdit to modify the channel names and numbers. I made sure to Lock the channels from any updates but can't get the numbers to work. I would also like to permanently remove some channels but they keep coming back after every restart, even if I "hide" them using dreamedit.

Is there another package I need to use to achieve the above?

Thanks so much

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 15:47
you need to enable allow dupliactes and not hide but completely delete what you dont want but doing so will rearrange the channel numbers

jackhill99
13-01-11, 18:08
you need to enable allow dupliactes and not hide but completely delete what you dont want but doing so will rearrange the channel numbers

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I think I've tried the delete thing but they keep coming back after a restart. Will try again though and report back. Where exactly is the Allow Duplicates option?

Thanks

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 19:31
the allow duplicates is in the options menu once you have made your bouquet as you like it then you need to transfer the bougqets over also making sure that remove unused is ticked

jackhill99
17-01-11, 08:51
the allow duplicates is in the options menu once you have made your bouquet as you like it then you need to transfer the bougqets over also making sure that remove unused is ticked

Hi. Couldn't get the original channel numbers to work. I am able to hide channels I don't want and I can select channels using the favourite assigned channel number so I guess that is good enough for now.

I wonder if I'm supposed to update all original channel numbers first before hiding them? I'll have a play and report back.

Thanks for your help