PDA

View Full Version : Edison OS Mini stuck in Boot mode

morph
11-02-17, 14:23
Hi
My OS Mini twin sat tuner is stuck in boot mode had it for about 6mths been working ok. Have been over the months playing with the setting just to see what does what & to try & get the time-shift recording to work properly. Anyway have been away for a few weeks came home & the sound on some stations was dropping out & EPG wasn't always available so i done a factory reset in case i had set something up incorrectly, it all went well i set it all up as the instructions on here & everything worked fine for about a week. Then the other night turned it off went to bed, in the morning turned it on nothing the display on the box was dim as if in standby & the time said 00:01, i kept pushing the on button on the remote & the box's it's self but nothing. Then i powered the box down with the switch left it a couple of minutes turned it back on & all i have now is 'boot' on the box display & the 'openvix' logo on the TV tried to access it with my laptop but all i get is 'ECONNREFUSED'
Any ideas......

silverblack
11-02-17, 14:51
I would think the only way to get it going again would be to flash the latest image via USB.

morph
11-02-17, 14:52
thanks for replying havent got a clue what i need to flash it & were to get it from!!!

silverblack
11-02-17, 14:59
Everything is on the Openvix website inc a guide.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/

Joe_90
11-02-17, 15:00
Click on ViX images in the menu tab. Download the correct image for your box and unzip it to a good brand USB stick (Kingston or similar 8GB or smaller). Look up the flashing instructions for your box in the support section for details on how to flash your particular box.

morph
12-02-17, 15:40
Hi Have tried the above today & nothing just sits there in boot & openvix logo any ideas plz

silverblack
12-02-17, 18:42
You can try a different USB stick they are fussy what you plug into them for some reason.

redbellied
12-02-17, 18:46
Download the HP format tool, format USB with that and then try to flash again.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

morph
12-02-17, 19:04
Ok will try againfwill have to get a 8gb key decent 1! & just down load the zip for Edison unzip & put content of folder on key?

silverblack
12-02-17, 20:53
Ok will try againfwill have to get a 8gb key decent 1! & just down load the zip for Edison unzip & put content of folder on key?

Ye you need to unzip it and put the os mini folder only onto the USB stick.

morph
15-02-17, 18:21
Hi Well got 8gb Kingston usb key today formated it with HP & put osmini folder on it with Teracopy. Plugged it into box & turned it on went straight into boot pressed OK & away it went. I now have a working box.. So thank you for the help much appreciated. I would like to know why it done it in the first place though the only thing I can think of is the EPG downloaded to the on-board memory & not key. Also bought a 16gb Kingston key so using that now.
Once again Thank's