PDA

View Full Version : delay scrolling through service list since using picons

aldo2332
11-02-17, 12:35
Ive added picons to the receiver enabled them on service list and set the lcd display to picon fullscreen. all ok but now when i scroll through the channels top to bottom it lags and isnt responding for a few seconds which wasnt a problem before. I installed the picons onto my internal HDD from plugin downloads.

ccs
11-02-17, 13:03
Does it lag when you first start scrolling and is then ok?

Bangord30
11-02-17, 13:05
Try in root? On my 8500 I found it faster than on the HDD

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

rossi2000
11-02-17, 13:11
if you are using picons full screen on the display, then yes there is an issue.
something to do with the framebuffer of the lcd I think.

aldo2332
11-02-17, 13:26
So nothing can be done then im guessing. I set it to default with picon and its fine with that. Ill just keep it this display.

Bangord30 ill swap from hdd see if it helps aswell

Joe_90
11-02-17, 13:26
Ive added picons to the receiver enabled them on service list and set the lcd display to picon fullscreen. all ok but now when i scroll through the channels top to bottom it lags and isnt responding for a few seconds which wasnt a problem before. I installed the picons onto my internal HDD from plugin downloads.

Your problem is that you have installed your picons on HDD. You should install picons to internal flash. Having them on HDD requires a disk spin-up which adds latency. If you don't have enough room on internal flash, then USB stick is a reasonable second choice. If you have permanent timeshift running, then you could install the picons on disk but there will still be some latency while the disk seek takes place on a channel change.

aldo2332
11-02-17, 13:27
ok thanks ill swap it over.