PDA

View Full Version : loop to tuner B only FTA

aldo2332
11-02-17, 11:13
Just purchased the xtrend 8500 i have two cable tuners in A & B i have my coax plugged into tuner A i have then plugged another coax looping from tuner A out to tuner B in. I assume this is right?? when recording i can only FTA on tuner B is clear if i put a sub channel on it isnt clear and it normally is using tuner A normally. Any ideas why this is?

DaMacFunkin
11-02-17, 11:19
Are you using Cccam and if so what version?

DaMacFunkin
11-02-17, 11:25
ps what happens if you record a fta channel on Tuner A then try to watch an encrypted channel on Tuner B?

aldo2332
11-02-17, 12:03
Im using cccam 2.3.0
(i have mgcamd 1.38 installed too)

I started record on bbc one SD (tuner A) and changed channel to sky one still dark, I stopped the recording so im on tuner B still not clearing. Then back to A and itsclear?? Very strange

aldo2332
11-02-17, 12:06
also ive swapped cams and still the same problem tuner B just wont clear chanels

DaMacFunkin
11-02-17, 12:15
Either the loop coax cable you are using is very poor quality (normal satellite and ariel cable is no good) and you are loosing signal, or your input signal is borderline, and the loop out is loosing a couple of db giving you the same problem.
The reason you may still be getting the fta channels is VM have these on low bandwidth high strength transponders so if there are network problems the 4 main channels will still work.

aldo2332
11-02-17, 12:20
ok ive messed with the cams for some reason it said both cams were active at the same time?? Dont know how?? I stopped the cccam and left mgcamd running and still had the problem so i them stopped mgcamd and unticked the start up aswell so its not active at all and the started cccam and it has fixed the problem!!! Cant understand how both were active at the same time any way thanks for the help it seems to be fine now ill get back to the thread if i get a problem again later.

for the coax i used the little one that came with the xtrend to loop it. signal is AGC 88% on tuner B and 87% on tuner A