PDA

View Full Version : Recording a program daily?

cirrus181
10-02-17, 12:20
Recording a program daily?

On my terrestrial freesat box when I want to record a program which is on daily and I select it , I am given the option to record the one episode or the series. There doesn't seem to be this option on my Edision OS-mini running OpenVIX.
When I press the blue button add auto timer> import auto timer, all the options are ticked and I can't change the one marked Weekly to Daily.

I also can't find an option to cancel a recording indicated recording in the EPG.

Your help with this will be most appreciated

john doe
10-02-17, 12:43
Recording a program daily?

On my terrestrial freesat box when I want to record a program which is on daily and I select it , I am given the option to record the one episode or the series. There doesn't seem to be this option on my Edision OS-mini running OpenVIX.
When I press the blue button add auto timer> import auto timer, all the options are ticked and I can't change the one marked Weekly to Daily.

I also can't find an option to cancel a recording indicated recording in the EPG.

Your help with this will be most appreciated

which openvix image are you using?

birdman
10-02-17, 13:59
On my terrestrial freesat box when I want to record a program which is on daily and I select it , I am given the option to record the one episode or the series. There doesn't seem to be this option on my Edision OS-mini running OpenVIX.If you only want to record an item once then set a Timer, not an AutoTimer.

cirrus181
10-02-17, 14:14
which openvix image are you using?

Using 4.2.029

cirrus181
10-02-17, 14:19
If you only want to record an item once then set a Timer, not an AutoTimer.

I want to record the daily series. I cant change the weekly option to series/daily.

birdman
10-02-17, 14:26
When I press Blue to add an Autotimer there is no Weekly/Daily option.
There is one for "Only on Weekday Friday", and that can be toggled with the OK button.

garryboy
10-02-17, 14:42
I'd you want to record it on each day of the week then uncheck the option record on weekday by highlighting and using the ok button then gree to save and exit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cirrus181
10-02-17, 15:59
I'd you want to record it on each day of the week then uncheck the option record on weekday by highlighting and using the ok button then gree to save and exit

Many thanks for your reply, I did exactly what you said to do and I then received a message on screen saying that the recordings were in conflict.
This message quickly flashed off the screen leaving me wondering what to do to resolve the conflicts.
There must be some option/menu which I don't know where, to change the recording settings and resolve the conflict problems. Perhaps you would be kind enough to advise me how.

garryboy
10-02-17, 17:14
Conflict appears when there are recordings overlapping.
How many tuners do you have?

For example if you have a single tuner and you record EastEnders on bbc1 that finishes at 8:30pm
And then record coronation Street to record at 8:30pm on ITV then that will be a conflict. And the timers will not work.

That's the major limitation with vix/enimga2 that it can't understand that one is finishing and one is starting at 8:30pm. It just see two recordings in conflicting at 8:30pm.

Having more tuners gets round this problem to certain extent. Unless you have 3 conflicting timers on a twin tuner ect.