PDA

View Full Version : HLG test stream problem

cooknl
09-02-17, 23:12
The HLG teststream, causes a flash of the screen content then BLACK screen and locked up STB HD51.

The HLG test stream can be tried on Astra 19.2 E 10714mghz Horizontal.

BTW when using my LG oled E6V built in tuner the test channel HLG works just fine.

Is there a known problem that will be solved in a later update ????

THX

Rob

twol
09-02-17, 23:36
Last time I tried this it worked fine, but I assume this is because I normally use bootmode 12 (the Hd51 has 2 chip options to change how it operates) and use code from OpenATV to set the boxmode in the boot/startup file and in standard vix there is no way of doing this apart from ftp and an editor to change the boot option.
I will have to check tomorrow to confirm this is accurate:)

The octagon sf4008 now defines these chip options in the driver and it can be set as a menu option.

cooknl
09-02-17, 23:44
Looking forward to youre reply tomorrow TWOL.

Can you then also explain how to set it in like DCC ftp please??

Thx
Rob

twol
10-02-17, 10:19
Tested normal setup and it picks up hlg without issue ...do you get sound on HLG ?

There has been some code fiddling in this area .... so need to have another look later but it should work ...

anyway let me know if you get sound but no picture ... also check refresh rate = auto

cooknl
10-02-17, 11:59
Tested normal setup and it picks up hlg without issue ...do you get sound on HLG ?

There has been some code fiddling in this area .... so need to have another look later but it should work ...

anyway let me know if you get sound but no picture ... also check refresh rate = auto

Ok I do get Sound with Black screen so NO video.

Also checked the \mainmenu\setup\system\AV settings and ther refresh rate lets me choose from

A) Multi
B) 60HZ
C) 50HZ

It was set to MULTI but that does not give me video just audio and a lockedup box which wont do anything anymore, have to remove power to reset.
Just tried 50 Hz refresh rate and it to came up with sound and NO VIDEO and locked up the box.
Just tried 60Hz it to only sound no video, but when box restarted refresh rate was set back to MULTI.

So in essence none of the three modes worked correctly.

Thx for youre testing,

Rob

twol
10-02-17, 13:53
Ok I do get Sound with Black screen so NO video.

Also checked the \mainmenu\setup\system\AV settings and ther refresh rate lets me choose from

A) Multi
B) 60HZ
C) 50HZ

It was set to MULTI but that does not give me video just audio and a lockedup box which wont do anything anymore, have to remove power to reset.
Just tried 50 Hz refresh rate and it to came up with sound and NO VIDEO and locked up the box.
Just tried 60Hz it to only sound no video, but when box restarted refresh rate was set back to MULTI.

So in essence none of the three modes worked correctly.

Thx for youre testing,

Rob

So what version of ViX are you on?
If its older than Jan 22nd or not 028 or above then suggest you reflash clean from USB and then restore settings:) (probably worth doing that regardless)
There were changes about this time with the HD51 drivers and a change in bootmode options which might impact you.

cooknl
10-02-17, 16:20
So what version of ViX are you on?
If its older than Jan 22nd or not 028 or above then suggest you reflash clean from USB and then restore settings:) (probably worth doing that regardless)
There were changes about this time with the HD51 drivers and a change in bootmode options which might impact you.

I am on vix 4.2.030 (Release).
Drivers 2017-01-19
I have put a new bootloader in version v1.07-r19. although I did that before I installed vix, and it shows on information page.

twol
10-02-17, 17:54
OK.
Using something like putty, telnet into the box, login using the box IP address and root and then init 4 to stop the box.
Ftp into the box using something like Filezilla.
In the directory tree 2nd down is the boot directory which should contain 5 folders STARTUP, STARTUP_! thru STARTUP_4
Transfer STARTUP to your PC :)

Using Notepad (Windows) or gedit (linux) have a look
It should contain either: boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=1' or boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=12'
If it is 12 change it just to 1 and save.
Copy it back and reboot the HD51 using init 6 in the telnet app.

Hopefully that will work :):)

Please let me know the result or which boxmode you have :):)

cooknl
10-02-17, 18:12
OK.
Using something like putty, telnet into the box, login using the box IP address and root and then init 4 to stop the box.
In the directory tree 2nd down is the boot directory which should contain 5 folders STARTUP, STARTUP_! thru STARTUP_4
Transfer STARTUP to your PC :)

It should contain either: boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=1' or boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=12'

Hopefully that will work :):)

Please let me know the result or which boxmode you have :):)

I dont have the capability to do this, but will have to ask a friend to assist via TEAMVIEWER or something like that.
Will let you know here when its done and the results. Thanx for taken the time to help me.

Rob

Stanman
10-02-17, 19:44
It's working fine here. Am streaming from E2 nonn4k box to odroid.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170210/dff82c3c851cb7316eff77efcd6b3cca.jpg

twol
10-02-17, 19:48
It's working fine here. Am streaming from E2 nonn4k box to odroid.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170210/dff82c3c851cb7316eff77efcd6b3cca.jpg
Lacking any helpful information!
So tell me which version of ViX you are running and what boxmode ....I need this info:)

I also have it working but it seems to depend on the boxmode, so please provide this info:) ... see my posts above

cooknl
10-02-17, 23:18
in my opinion the above picture has nothing to do with the hlg demo channel on astra

twol
11-02-17, 07:45
I dont have the capability to do this, but will have to ask a friend to assist via TEAMVIEWER or something like that.
Will let you know here when its done and the results. Thanx for taken the time to help me.

Robactually thinking about this:) there is an easier way :)
Go to ViX imagemanager and make sure its using the hdd for backup images (press Menu button to check)
Make a backup of your image.
Unzip the HD51 folder from the HDD to a usb stick.
Reflash from the USB stick
Let me know the result:)

cooknl
11-02-17, 09:17
actually thinking about this:) there is an easier way :)
Go to ViX imagemanager and make sure its using the hdd for backup images (press Menu button to check)
Make a backup of your image.
Unzip the HD51 folder from the HDD to a usb stick.
Reflash from the USB stick
Let me know the result:)

YOU mean do nothing to the backedup image and reflash from it?? But then nothing is changed in the image is there??
Have to reformat HDD what is tyhe best format to choose????
Plugin ntfs-3g can that be used instead of reformat??

twol
11-02-17, 10:30
Actually any powered HDD or even usb stick should do.... but usb stick is really slow and I have had hangs so try to use something else if possible ... obviously then unzip the image backup and move the HD51 folder to a usb stick and flash.
The Image Backup code was written in a way that EMMC disk image created for the HD51 will hopefully correct the boxmode - IF :) this is your issue (I can certainly recreate your issue no video, only audio by changing boxmodes)
So you are basically backing up the image and restoring it exactly as before ... but maybe with a different boxmode :)

I hope this works ... if so I can then go away and have a discussion with someone :)

cooknl
11-02-17, 11:24
[QUOTE=twol;438855]Actually any powered HDD or even usb stick should do.... but usb stick is really slow and I have had hangs so try to use something else if possible ... obviously then unzip the image backup and move the HD51 folder to a usb stick and flash.
The Image Backup code was written in a way that EMMC disk image created for the HD51 will hopefully correct the boxmode - IF :) this is your issue (I can certainly recreate your issue no video, only audio by changing boxmodes)
So you are basically backing up the image and restoring it exactly as before ... but maybe with a different boxmode :)

I hope this works ... if so I can then go away and have a discussion with someone :)[/QU

Neat way of going.
Will let you know as soon as hdd is formatted . and I can do the backup.

Thx again

cooknl
11-02-17, 11:41
well the box keeps saying there is a problem with the HDD tried a backup to USB stick but nothing on it,
Will go back to youre first suggestion with some help from a friend.
Thx for all the effort.

cooknl
11-02-17, 12:15
OK All is well it worked fine the hard way with help from a friend via teamviewer.

It wqas on boxmode 12, we changed it to boxmode 1.

This is what we did:

[B] Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
OK.
Transfer STARTUP to your PC

Hopefully that will work

Please let me know the result or which boxmode you have

Thx again

Rob

twol
11-02-17, 12:31
OK All is well it worked fine the hard way with help from a friend via teamviewer.

This is what we did:

[B] Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
OK.
Transfer STARTUP to your PC

Hopefully that will work

Please let me know the result or which boxmode you have

Thx again

Rob
So can I assume you had 12 and changed to 1 and everything is now OK and you can see the 2160 channel???

cooknl
11-02-17, 12:43
I could see all the 2160 channels EXCEPT for HLG test channel. Also INSIGHT UHD does not work but I understand that has to do with german HD+ encryption.

Other then that I ran into a few channels which he could not find the PID or something but that dont bother me I can re scan the channels to fix that i guess.

Anyway all is fine now!!! yes went from boxmode 12 to boxmode 1.

Rob

cooknl
11-02-17, 12:47
Now I wonder what went wrong with installing VIX, because when I was running ATV it worked fine from the getgo, does VIX change the boxmode to 12 for some reason???

twol
11-02-17, 13:49
Now I wonder what went wrong with installing VIX, because when I was running ATV it worked fine from the getgo, does VIX change the boxmode to 12 for some reason???
well depends when you had OpenATV running
.. would be interested to know exactly as this is not a ViX issue :)

cooknl
11-02-17, 14:55
Hmm you say it is NOT a VIX issue. I just wonder then what did happen.

The ATV image was from december 2016. Then the box's HDMI went to POT and I had to return it for repair in december 2016.
Got it back late january and could not get the installed PLI image to work due to some decoding problems, plus it was a PLI image that was I guess a factory installed one.
Then I downloaded the latest PLI image and couldnt get it to work correctly with the same decoding problems.
Thats when I decided to install the openvix image and it worked fine right from the getgo, EXCEPT for the HLG DEMO CHANNEL.
Thats when I decided to ask in the VIX forum here, why I could not receive only the HLG demo channel, thanx to you, the fix of the boxmode # as the result of the HLG demo channel working correctly.

Thats a short summary of the life of my HD51. ;):D:cool:

Rob

twol
11-02-17, 15:23
Hmm you say it is NOT a VIX issue. I just wonder then what did happen.

The ATV image was from december 2016. Then the box's HDMI went to POT and I had to return it for repair in december 2016.
Got it back late january and could not get the installed PLI image to work due to some decoding problems, plus it was a PLI image that was I guess a factory installed one.
Then I downloaded the latest PLI image and couldnt get it to work correctly with the same decoding problems.
Thats when I decided to install the openvix image and it worked fine right from the getgo, EXCEPT for the HLG DEMO CHANNEL.
Thats when I decided to ask in the VIX forum here, why I could not receive only the HLG demo channel, thanx to you, the fix of the boxmode # as the result of the HLG demo channel working correctly.

Thats a short summary of the life of my HD51. ;):D:cool:

Rob

The defaults were changed to boxmode 12 in January 19/21 (so this now changes all the images on the OE-A) following a driver change and I am trying to get the person concerned to tell me why (apart from that it fixed one of their image issues :) )

cooknl
11-02-17, 17:23
Ok let me know what you find out, I sure would be interested to know also.:)

cooknl
17-02-17, 08:58
Hey TWOL did you ever find out why the drivers were changed??

twol
17-02-17, 09:06
Hey TWOL did you ever find out why the drivers were changed??

Well, its not the drivers but the way the EMMC image is built .... with boxmode =1 (the previous default) you get HDR but no PIP.
Apparently most ATV users wanted PIP, so it was changed to boxmode =12 (PIP, No HDR).
It just so happens that if you want Boxmode=1, ImageManager image backup still uses boxmode=1 when setting up the EMMC, so using that will continue to reset the default if you cannot use filezilla/notepad to change the /boot/STARTUP file :)