PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] Tuner B no signal and no lock

Dannylfc
09-02-17, 21:21
Just purchased a TM NANO-SE M2 plus. I am getting no signal on the additional tuner B. I have tried swopping the feeds but still nothing on Tuner B. On manual search mo channels are found, tuner A is fine.

The cables work fine and zi get good signal on both tuners with my Xtrend Et8000.

I have tried to box at a friends house and they have pick up a signal on Tuner B slightly, but it will not lock. Tried swoppibgghe cables again, but still nothing on Tuner B. I have tried a reflashed and a factory reset.

Wos are sending me a replacement tuner to try. In the meantime could their be anything else causing this? I have set up other boxes with ny cables and never had a problem

Sicilian
09-02-17, 21:25
Wos are sending me a replacement tuner to try. In the meantime could their be anything else causing this? I have set up other boxes with ny cables and never had a problem

Just wait for the replacement tuner module. If you still have an issue let WoS know. Sure it will all get sorted for you. Happens, electronics....

Dannylfc
09-02-17, 21:28
I can't fault WOS, they have always been brilliant. Just checking if there could be possible anything I'm missing.

Cheers

Sicilian
09-02-17, 21:31
I can't fault WOS, they have always been brilliant. Just checking if there could be possible anything I'm missing.

Cheers

I would not waste any time on it you've done tests that would have been asked by WoS.

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:10
As an update I've sent the box back as the replacement tuner didn't work, I've also bought an octagon SF8 X1000 single tuner and the single tuner doesn't pick up a channel. Is this an image issue because the feeds we're connected back to the sky box and connected fine

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:11
Also just add the feeds work perfectly fine with my Xtrend et8000 and a VU twin tuner

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 22:12
have you checked the f plugs?

What type of LNB do you have? Are other receivers connected to the same LNB?

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:18
The Technomate didn't work on 3 difficult house holds, all have different boxes with older images and work fine, the octagon Has only been tried at one household, single feed at 28.2e and is picking up no signal and will no lock onto 28.2E
Have never struggled with any other boxes so can't be a coincidence

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 22:24
No point talking about a receiver you no longer have.

OK, single LNB.

Is it a sky mini dish you have?

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:25
The LNB is the sky one and works perfectly fine with my Xtrend Et8000. Also fine with the vu zero, vu Solo2, Technomate se
But for some reason can't find a signal with octagon and Technomate m2

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:26
Yes sky dish which works perfectly fine with my Xtrend Et8000, a VU solo zero and vu solo twin tuner with older images.

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 22:27
Single LNB, but connected to multiple receivers. How are you achieving this?

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:33
It's a typical sky dish with twin feed for tuner A and tuner B

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:35
Your not understanding, I have tried different boxes on my feeds lately and had no probs, only been last 2 boxes where one won't find tuner B, and one won't find tuner A

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 22:46
If you are convinced there is something wrong with Image, don't use it use another.

People usually have assumption and find data to reinforce those assumptions.

With fault finding, you have to be methodical and not rule anything out.

I have an assumption of what is wrong, but looks like getting answers from you will be difficult. Already got contradicting descriptions/answers.

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:50
I dont meam to cause issues. Just trying to understand why the last 2 boxes I have I have set up have not found a signal, and they have been tested on 3-4 different house holds and all used world of satellites instructions

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 22:54
I apoligise if I have offended you, I didn't mean to. Just stating I have used the same method to set Linux boxes on OpenVix and done around 20 boxes and only find this issue last 2 boxes. I didn't mean to offend and value your help

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 22:59
You said it is a single LNB. It can't be if it has two wires connected to it.

Has it been changed recently?

Is it a quad, octo or wideband?

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 23:00
The LNB is a sky one, with twin feeds. It works fine connected to an old sky box, works fine connected to my Xtrend Et8000 twin tuner, works fine connected to vu zero, and Technomate se. All im stating is the last two boxes on the newer images I have a problem connecting to the satellite 28.2. I appreciate all your help

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 23:08
Best I leave this thread rather than get into an argument with you.

You don't want to answer the questions asked of you. That is your prerogative.

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 23:15
I'm not trying to argue, sorry if I came I across like that
I've had a stressful few days trying to solve this. Once again I apoligise. On all stations the boxes has been tested has been using sky mini dishes with twin tuner and twin feeds which worked perfect with sky, my feeds work fine with my Xtrend and other boxes but will not connect to am octagon or tuner B on an octagon

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 23:19
Not too sure what I've said wrong to offend you, but I apologise.

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 23:22
We won't get anywhere if you don't answer/answer incorrectly.

Has the LNB been changed recently?

For this question, I don't need to know how many wires are connected to it. Is it a 2 port wideband LNB, 4 port LNB, 8 port LNB.

If you don't know, take a picture of it and upload it.

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 23:25
The LNB is the original one sky installed 5 years ago, im guessing it's a 4 port sky LNB. My xtend works perfect with it

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 23:28
Do you have two shotgun cables connected to it (total of 4 wires) or two single wires connected to it?

Dannylfc
10-02-17, 23:32
Two single wires so I can connect one to tuner A In and one to tuner B in on the Xtrend which works perfect. On the Technomate se m2 plus I have tried both feeds on Tuner B and neither locked into 28.2e, both locked onto tuner A fine

rossi2000
10-02-17, 23:33
:smash::smash:

does your xtrend work ok?

abu baniaz
10-02-17, 23:34
If wires are connected to Xtrend, how are you connecting to the other receivers?

cactikid
10-02-17, 23:51
without stepping on toes possibly have a few receivers not in use and handy for testing?

both sat tuners? and are set to simple and single and 28.2 on both tuners?

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 01:59
Both tuners 28.2e single simple yes.

Sorry, I meant I have tried other boxes on my feeds before, and use a twin tuner 24/7

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 02:12
How do you establish that you "obtain a lock"?

How do you set your tuner? Do you select "automatic" or do you scroll and select 28.2?

Can I ask that you forget the past and concentrate on the present.
Having said that, we changed the values used for "automatic" so that they are the same as what a sky receiver uses, the same as what is used by ABM and CrossEPG downloader.

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 02:27
Is the LNB/dish easily accessible? Can it be reached safely?

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 02:43
Please take a picture of your LNB/Dish and upload it.

TK4|2|1
11-02-17, 09:51
Just to be sure........does the xtrend work perfect with it?

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 11:56
I select single satellite 28.2e for both tuners.
When I go to signal finder tuner A has 95 percent signal and lock has a green tick.
Tuner B has no signal and no tick on lock.

The dish and LNB are not very accessible but I will try and get a pic for you.

garryboy
11-02-17, 12:09
I had very similar issue with my vu duo. Suddenly lost tuner b lock. Put my xp1000 onto the feed and it locked.

I used tested the cable and there was indeed a break/fault in the cabling somewhere.

I just replaced the shotgun cable and never had a problem since.

Imagine some tuners maybe are more sensitive to a fault in the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 13:20
Ill try the octagon at a few other people's houses to see if they can get a signal, if they can I know it's an issue with my coax cabling.

Technomate se m2 has gone back to WOS, if they don't find a fault with tuner B I'll have to get someone in to install new cables and maybe a new LNB

bellejt
11-02-17, 13:34
just change cable tuner a to b and see of the problems changes with cable.Simple and then your shure of your cables.

ccs
11-02-17, 13:40
... He mentioned that in his first post. Did you mean swapping over the tuners in the box?

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 13:41
just change cable tuner a to b and see of the problems changes with cable.Simple and then your shure of your cables.

Stick some labels on the wires. "Wire 1" and "Wire 2".

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 13:51
I have tried switching the wires, but no matter which wire I use tuner B found no signal or no channels, also wouldn't lock onto 28.2e, tried the box at another house and same problem.

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 13:52
The octagon single tuner was only tried at one household which isn't mine and both feeds would not find a signal or channels on Tuner A, I have asked them to try the box at someone else's house to find out it they can find a signal

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 14:22
When you say lock, did you try different transponders?

The other household, do they have SkyQ?

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 14:32
I'm not sure how to try different transponders, I just chose simple single satellite same as tuner A.

Other household as sky HD, not sure what sky Q is, there feed works fine with the sky box but not with the octagon

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 14:55
Talk us through how you check there is a signal lock. Maybe post a picture.

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 17:33
An update - the octagon was tested at another house hold and tuner A found all the channels and 98 percent signal so I'm guessing there is an issue with the other houses LNB or cable even though it works fine with the sky box.

Conceding the satellite lock menu>setup>service searching>signal finder> then under SNR, AGC and BER it says lock, and it was Un ticked

abu baniaz
11-02-17, 17:37
When you check for signal lock, you check a transponder. You can check different ones. Just because you don't get lock on one transponder, it does not mean you cannot lock on others.

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 18:02
I did go through the different transponders on the Technomate and couldn't get a signal on any.

Now he can get a signal on the octagon from another house hold I'll get him to try again at his house, if he still can't get a signal do we conclude that there is am issue with his LNB or cables?

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 18:39
Right at his house has tried different transponders but can't pick up more than 100 channels. Do you think that means his LNB is misaligned? Just wierd because his sky box picks up All the channels

Dannylfc
11-02-17, 18:42
He can get a lock on one or two transponders, but can't fine more than 100 channels,on 28.2