PDA

View Full Version : Basic Settings help?

champs4life
09-02-17, 17:36
Hi

I am begging someone help me. I really dont understand why I am being ignored here. Dont know what I have said or done that is so wrong.

Please will someone help me I am so stressed and am starting to lose it now.

I have reflashed now I got told to just set up basically. But what basic settings do I need to setup?

What do I need to setup in A/V, EPG etc

I am sorry if I have ranted on here but no one understands how hard I am trying to fix the major issues I am having and feel really out of depth when I am getting no help on here when this place is supposed to be a help forum.

Please can anyone help me.

champs4life
10-02-17, 19:24
Has anyone really not got any suggestions?

Please I am in desperate need of some advice.

Why is it so hard to get help on here.

Willmoore
10-02-17, 20:21
I sure people are not ignoring you - it's probably because you are not asking a specific question just 'HELP sort me out'. There are many tutorials and guides on here that will get you up and running. Once you'd tried to help yourself and encountered a specific problem I know many people would help. I don't mean to have a go but I find it difficult to understand that someone with over 200 posts can not do the basics.
Anyhow try the following it should get you some where near ;)

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker. Then Configure and set Providers
Configure - Set up Mode = expert Schedule scan = yes Include 'not indexed' channels = yes
Providers - Sky UK = yes Sky UK: area = scroll for your area that ends with custom (mine is Central Midlands Custom)
Back out and scroll down to Start Scan and Okay
Then :
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG -> OpenTV providers, select Sky UK OpenTV,
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG - Download now, EPG sorted for your UK requirements.

adm
10-02-17, 21:13
Hi

Please will someone help me I am so stressed and am starting to lose it now.

Possibly no one is answering because you haven't told us what you are trying to set up.

What do I need to setup in A/V, EPG etc

Can assume that you live in the UK? Or Ireland or in continental Europe? The answered you get can be country specific.

A/V
Assuming UK and you have a fairly modern HD TV (you give us no clues in a general help post about what you are connecting to

Video output = HDMI
Automatic resolution = Disabled
Mode = 1080i
Refresh rate = 50Hz
Display 4:3 content as = just scale
Display >16:09 content as = just scale
Dolby Digital/DTS downmix = try yes
AC3 delay = try 0
PCM delay = try 0

Now some of these settings may/are Enigma 2 box specific so your options may not match but the basics are there. These settings may not in future be your personal preferences but they should get you working.

EPG etc.

Which service are you trying to set up?

UK Freeview (via an aerial)?
UK Freesat (via satellite)?
Sky?
Virgin cable?
An Other service?

The answers can be very different depending on what you are trying to do. Again you have given us no clues in you generic help post.

champs4life
10-02-17, 22:49
I apologise I guess it was my post for not explaining everything properly. I just want to get everything right. I just cant take the constant hanging crashing anymore.

All I have done is reflashed and just applied very basic settings to a/v, epg. Not sure what else to do.

I am in the UK and I have a samsung TV.

Please accept my apology for coming across as really desperate. I know I should have given more information since the outset. Its my fault.

adm
10-02-17, 22:57
I apologise I guess it was my post for not explaining everything properly. I just want to get everything right. I just cant take the constant hanging crashing anymore.

All I have done is reflashed and just applied very basic settings to a/v, epg. Not sure what else to do.

I am in the UK and I have a samsung TV.

Please accept my apology for coming across as really desperate. I know I should have given more information since the outset. Its my fault.

hanging and crashing could be caused by a poor signal input. What service are you trying to get? Satellite? Terrestrial via an aerial? cable TV?

champs4life
11-02-17, 15:32
Both satellite and cable.

What do you mean by poor signal input?

Couldn't there be issues with box itself?

ronand
11-02-17, 16:03
Until you upload some logs no-one will know what the issue is.