PDA

View Full Version : HD channels work for 10 mins then screen goes black

oilburner999
09-02-17, 17:23
Hello I have a VU+ solo2 with open vix installed. The problem is when I choose to watch a HD channel ie BBC HD ITV HD. Everything is fine for about 10 mins the the picture goes black and the back ok but then just goes black but i still get the sound. All SD work fine with no problems. I have reinstalled image and still getting same problem. When the screen goes black if i change to another HD channel that works straight away but after 10 min that does the same thing. Im confused with it any ideas or help would be great.

obo110x
09-02-17, 19:14
What make of TV do you have? I was having problems with my Nvidia Shield TV on my LG TV and found a number of articles about HDMI handshake which can cause problems like this.

oilburner999
13-02-17, 18:48
Think i might have sorted it. The fan speed was turned right down. Turned fan speed up and all seems well up to now so it could have been a overheating issue possibly.

Larry-G
13-02-17, 20:52
I usually keep the fan on my solo2 at about a quarter and it has never had any heat related issues in the three or so years i have had it (even though it sits on top of a pile of 6 receivers).

It is very rare to see heat related issues, especially on a solo2 but If you are getting suspected heat related issues you may want to invest in a laptop style cooler to put under the receiver just to be safe.