PDA

View Full Version : Edision Mega Hardware fail ?

Pud666
09-02-17, 15:31
Hi

Just received my OS Mega a few days ago and all was great. Today I go to watch and its just sitting with a red light on the front, no display, no output. Turn it on and off and get a glimpse of an Openxvix screen and then nothing. Still no front panel display. Support advised a couple of things including trying to reflash. Will not recognise either USB stick to commence flashing but as it has no display I'm guessing its a terminal hardware fault? Dissapointing after a few days :-(
Any others had this ?

Dobie
09-02-17, 18:37
Hopefully a very rare failure.
Only had mine a few days too so probably from the same batch, thankfully no problems so far. Also running openvix, performance wise it's been excellent.

Pud666
09-02-17, 19:30
Yes, it was excellent. I was very impressed until now. I purchased from World of Satellites who were initailly replying to my emails in minutes suggesting standard stuff, but including reflashing the firmware. Now thats not worked they don't seem to be able to reply with a returns number. I'm pissed off with them more. They said they would have to test it and see if it was faulty. It clearly is, but I will likely now be without a tuner for god knows how long. Its not even a week old. The correct actions from them should have been to despatch a new box to me today and have the courier collect the old one. Now we will be running over a weekend.
Crap service based on my experience so far.

Andy_Hazza
09-02-17, 19:49
Hope your devices including the OS Mega are connected via a surge protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satturn
09-02-17, 20:31
In the past I had problems with my 10 month oid Nano2super purchased from WOS. I receved loads of help and replacement parts from them.

Sicilian
09-02-17, 20:32
Yes, it was excellent. I was very impressed until now. I purchased from World of Satellites who were initailly replying to my emails in minutes suggesting standard stuff, but including reflashing the firmware. Now thats not worked they don't seem to be able to reply with a returns number. I'm pissed off with them more. They said they would have to test it and see if it was faulty. It clearly is, but I will likely now be without a tuner for god knows how long. Its not even a week old. The correct actions from them should have been to despatch a new box to me today and have the courier collect the old one. Now we will be running over a weekend.
Crap service based on my experience so far.

Unfortunately electronics. I think you'll find a lot of independent retailers will not send replacements until original items are received and inspected. Just one of this things.

Pud666
09-02-17, 23:15
Yes, I have a 4 way surge protected filter.

Pud666
09-02-17, 23:18
So, now I have a 30 mile round trip to take the unit back to a DPD location on a returns service of unspecified duration for a unit that is 6 days old. If I'm lucky I might get a replacement inside a week. Its crap. Perhaps I will go down the refund route instead

Pud666
09-02-17, 23:20
In the past I had problems with my 10 month oid Nano2super purchased from WOS. I receved loads of help and replacement parts from them.

10 months old, they have given you good service. Mine is 6 days old...

world-of-satellite.co.uk
10-02-17, 07:55
So, now I have a 30 mile round trip to take the unit back to a DPD location on a returns service of unspecified duration for a unit that is 6 days old. If I'm lucky I might get a replacement inside a week. Its crap. Perhaps I will go down the refund route instead

If you waited for a our support ticket reply this morning you would have seen that we would have arranged collection of the item. We never realised DPD drop off location was 15 miles for where you live, apologies. It would have been advisable to await our reply than open a Paypal case against us whilst we where in the process of trying to resolve your issue.

Contrary to what you think, we try to provide excellent customer services. As with any electronics, they can fail. Nothing can be done about that. You could spend £2000 on a TV in Currys and it could still fail.

Andy_Hazza
10-02-17, 09:05
From my experience WoS have been nothing but fantastic when coming to purchasing products and any support questions I have always had prompt responses. 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pud666
10-02-17, 09:21
If you waited for a our support ticket reply this morning you would have seen that we would have arranged collection of the item. We never realised DPD drop off location was 15 miles for where you live, apologies. It would have been advisable to await our reply than open a Paypal case against us whilst we where in the process of trying to resolve your issue.

Contrary to what you think, we try to provide excellent customer services. As with any electronics, they can fail. Nothing can be done about that. You could spend £2000 on a TV in Currys and it could still fail.

Nice to speak with you on the phone this morning. I'm glad we now see things through each other's eyes. Let's move forwards now.

iain66
10-02-17, 09:55
Always order from WOS you cant beat there service and help sometimes people are unable to answer straight away..