PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Video Output Anomalies

foxyboy
09-02-17, 12:07
I've been using Openvix for a number of years with a TM-TWIN-OE with the same CRT TV (a very good 36" from old)
I was making good use out of the RF Output capabilities of the box to pipe the output around the house
BUT also sending using this box to pipe TV/DAB/FM/CCTV signals through a loftbox distribution amplifier.
The aerial feeds MUST go through the main viewing area and then back to amplifier to get transmitted around the house.
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lofthelp.htm

This was working fine back in the Apollo days etc and to be honest i stopped using that functionality because
i put dm500s physical receivers in those locations. I have been updating openvix over the years and although i did noticed this functionality stopped working i presumed i had mis-cabled when i had dismantled everything for decorating etc.

I am now in the position that i want to do this again - mainly to get Digital reception on those TVs via the distribution amplifier.
So when i went to do this recently i noticed i had NO RF Output from the box ! If true I never realised that.

I found a post from a user saying he had to use SCART Output to do this. So MUST i use SCART output to get RF Output functionality working ??

I had in the Apollo days simply used SCART to the TV and this worked fine but a couple of years ago i added an AV Receiver so i started using the Component Out (RGB) facility.

Recently, when i tried to use Component Out AND SCART not only did i get no RF output but i got no SCART either !

I connected up the SCART ONLY and proceeded to change the AV settings with the help of OpenWebIf.
I suspect the settings never did really get set 100%, when you change the settings and it asks is the video is ok there was no output on the TV, it was perfect on openwebif so the only option was to say yes. Thsis says to me either the software has issues or physical scart has, anything is possible but as it was working before i can only assume the issue is software (i will reflash with older versions and see if i am correct)

So heres the wierd part, i left it conencted using SCART and it did appear randomly for 5secs maybe 10 and sometimes be quite stable for a few minutes, only to disappear again when i accessed the menu etc.

Im sure the above is confusing but the crux of the issue is that i do not appear to be able to setup the box for scart output :-(
Just to clarify, the tv settings are the same, the scart cable is the same, this was working 100% on much older versions and i have tried reflashing with and without restoring settings.

I will perform a little more investigation but should i be able to connect both Component AND SCART and get simulataneous outputs ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

foxyboy
10-02-17, 11:28
Is anyone using 4.2.030 with their tmtwinoe and getting RF Output ?

yiorgos
12-02-17, 18:19
Hi, I have a different issue but i'm posting it here as I didn't see anyone else with the same problem. I have the Venton UNIBOXHD plus1 and recently I have lost the sound. I have checked all possible related settings but no luck. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks
Yiorgos