PDA

View Full Version : box dead. want to replace??

sut
08-02-17, 02:47
hi

my box has died or at least the HD output has. I am looking to replace it but seem to be unable to find it on sale now why is this? i can find the xtrend 7000 and i assume that is an older model and the xtrend 8500 so why if they still sal ethe older and newer model why cant i get the 8000 as i know and like that model?? I have been told the the zgemma h2h or the edision OS mini would be ok to replace it with as i have a limited budget but i am concerned over these as i am not sure how good they are or how easy to setup and use. shame i really liked the 8000.

Andy_Hazza
08-02-17, 06:30
hi

my box has died or at least the HD output has. I am looking to replace it but seem to be unable to find it on sale now why is this? i can find the xtrend 7000 and i assume that is an older model and the xtrend 8500 so why if they still sal ethe older and newer model why cant i get the 8000 as i know and like that model?? I have been told the the zgemma h2h or the edision OS mini would be ok to replace it with as i have a limited budget but i am concerned over these as i am not sure how good they are or how easy to setup and use. shame i really liked the 8000.

Its like anything in life, new replaces old and its just the same here. If you got a Zgemma H2H you will not get any support whatsoever on this forum, as its a receiver ViX don't support. I would personally go with one of these if you can stretch your budget that is >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision/edision-os-mega-osmega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmoore
08-02-17, 08:36
All e2 boxes basically work the same as far as using the Vix image is concened. As Andy says the Zgemma is a no no as far as this forum is concerned - the os mini is a good box if all you want is a single tuner.

sut
08-02-17, 13:21
thanks. why is the zgemma not supported here? is it a poor box? i want a double turner 1 sat and 1 cable with the ability to record.
i know as you say thing get old and get replaced but with the xtrend et7000 still on sale i dont understand why the 8000 is not longer around,

bassethound
08-02-17, 13:35
Love my et8000 its still going strong unlike 2 old et9000 that have died

ccs
08-02-17, 13:44
Google found et8000's for sale, appeared to be in stock.

joysleep1
08-02-17, 13:49
I am also looking for an xtrend 8000 for my brother but can not find any at all. Anyone know of a reliable company selling them?

sut
08-02-17, 14:01
WHERE? as i am unable to find them
Google found et8000's for sale, appeared to be in stock.

joysleep1
08-02-17, 14:07
hi

Which box of yours died can i ask?

Andy_Hazza
08-02-17, 14:11
thanks. why is the zgemma not supported here? is it a poor box? i want a double turner 1 sat and 1 cable with the ability to record.
i know as you say thing get old and get replaced but with the xtrend et7000 still on sale i dont understand why the 8000 is not longer around,

The Zgemma H2H is a clone/counterfeit receiver using a hacked version of ViX, thus why they are not supported here and never will be. Oh and also known to be a fire hazard in some cases. [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
08-02-17, 14:13
WHERE? as i am unable to find them
It's against forum rules.

joysleep1
08-02-17, 14:19
It's against forum rules.

It is against forum rules to buy an xtrend 8000????

ccs
08-02-17, 14:33
It is against forum rules to buy an xtrend 8000????Oh dear, ....

5. No links are to be posted to other commercial satellite retailers other than our site sponsors.

joysleep1
08-02-17, 14:38
Oh dear, ....

Why is that so bad to do?. What if people are genuinely interested to buy original receivers that the sponsor no longer sells.