PDA

View Full Version : My vu+ultimo is not working need help

ziir
07-02-17, 15:27
My vu+ultimo it turns on and boots to the image when it completes u cant use your remote , i tried to flash new images with usb when i reboot to flash
the image it doesnt read it just goes to image old image. i tried more diffrent usb but nothink is working .
i got today new null modem cable. in order to falsh . it says serial port open success .please turn on your box .i did that but nothink happens .
i dont know what next should i do please guys help me

i forgot also the lcd is working it shows the channels name and also the clock

thanks

ziir
07-02-17, 22:07
60 views and now one cares to comment it thank your support guys

Andy_Hazza
07-02-17, 22:12
If it loads the old image, try "Couch Flashing" the latest image. Blue button > ViX > Image manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziir
07-02-17, 22:22
thank you for your reply. but as i already explained , i cant use the plugins , meaning
im not geetting any response from remote controll . even i tried to flash new and old images but it cant read any usb i tried more usb sticks
nothink . i got today null modem cable in order to flash . it says serial port open success ,
please turn on your box , i turned of and on but nothink .

Toja60
07-02-17, 22:42
Hi, when I had problem with my remote I used the Open Webif remote, could do almost everything, i.e. as Andy Hazza explain, Blue button > ViX > Image manager...
Give it a try.

gerinemo
07-02-17, 22:52
Not being too familiar with the ultimo

Is there a light on the top of the remote does it flash when you press a key
Have you changed the batteries

Is there a led on the ultimo display that flashes when it receives a signal from the remote

i ask as my duo 2 has a light on the remote and a led in the display when receiving a signal

ziir
07-02-17, 22:52
i cant use webif, or even the button on the reciever ,vu+ultimo has digital buttons nothink is responding .i dont know what should i do ?

ziir
07-02-17, 22:55
there is light on the remote i also changed the battery it is new .even the reciever has lcd it works and shows the channel but
i can even use the buttons on the reciever ultimo has digital buttons .i cant use it

gerinemo
07-02-17, 23:11
If i had to guess at why it wont flash i would think that maybe the flash image is not extracted /unzipped or not in the right folder
have you followed the guide to the letter

Preparation.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-
vusultimo_usb, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the
entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.

If you dont see the prompt to press - button but instead see the message “starting” it means that the
receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the
beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver

ziir
07-02-17, 23:27
If i had to guess at why it wont flash i would think that maybe the flash image is not extracted /unzipped or not in the right folder
have you followed the guide to the letter

Preparation.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-
vusultimo_usb, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the
entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.

If you dont see the prompt to press - button but instead see the message “starting” it means that the
receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the
beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver

i did that .all the steps u wrote , i have 3 usb sticks nothink is reading ..

ronand
07-02-17, 23:38
I had a similar problem with my uno but I could not fix it. The only thing the remote would do was to bring the unit out of deep standby but nothing else. I ended up getting a solo2. The remote was not faulty - I still use ut with the solo2.

ziir
07-02-17, 23:40
I had a similar problem with my uno but I could not fix it. The only thing the remote would do was to bring the unit out of deep standby but nothing else. I ended up getting a solo2. The remote was not faulty - I still use ut with the solo2.

the problem is not the remote . i think it is the ultimo . but i dont know what it is ?

ronand
07-02-17, 23:41
My problem was not the remote either - it was the uno.

ziir
07-02-17, 23:43
reciever i can see it is like working even it shows the channels on aa hadath also the clock is runing lol