PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my Solo 2 with an Edision os-mega and no regrets.

Busterroo
07-02-17, 01:14
After a hell of a lot of thought and much doubt I replaced my solo2 with an os-mega recently. I wasn't unhappy with my solo2 it's just I wanted a fixed terrestrial tuner and I liked the idea of having three sat tuners when required (which isn't very often but it's still nice to have). The box itself looks pretty well, it's lighter than the solo2 and not quite as stylish but it doesn't look cheap. Despite the faster processer and more RAM the box doesn't seem any faster, in fact i'm pretty sure it isn't, It takes a similar time to boot, similar time to change channel, it's similar in every way which is no bad thing. I like it alot and it is now my main box. Anyone out there thinking about buying this box but put off because it sounds too good to be true for the money, have no doubt, it is excellent value for money and delivers performance wise too. I for one have no regrets, cracking box.:thumbsup:

kokojnr
08-02-17, 22:08
After a hell of a lot of thought and much doubt I replaced my solo2 with an os-mega recently. I wasn't unhappy with my solo2 it's just I wanted a fixed terrestrial tuner and I liked the idea of having three sat tuners when required (which isn't very often but it's still nice to have). The box itself looks pretty well, it's lighter than the solo2 and not quite as stylish but it doesn't look cheap. Despite the faster processer and more RAM the box doesn't seem any faster, in fact i'm pretty sure it isn't, It takes a similar time to boot, similar time to change channel, it's similar in every way which is no bad thing. I like it alot and it is now my main box. Anyone out there thinking about buying this box but put off because it sounds too good to be true for the money, have no doubt, it is excellent value for money and delivers performance wise too. I for one have no regrets, cracking box.[emoji106]
I second your opinion, I'm using it as my main receiver now.
It's a steal considering the spec and price.

harryd66
07-04-17, 11:58
I second your opinion, I'm using it as my main receiver now.
It's a steal considering the spec and price.

Agree totally. The specification and performance of the OS Mega is as good as kit costing twice the price. Very impressed. Highly recomended.

gilvey
18-04-17, 15:40
are these any good for sending to another tv via the rca outputs to another room?

johnhoe
18-04-17, 18:37
Yes I use my Video out and two audio outs on the Mega into my Slingbox. They work simultaneously with the HDMI no problem at all. I would recommend using an HDMI splitter however for another room, for the best quality. Add HDMI via ethernet if necessary.

dude1
18-04-17, 19:38
Looks a great buy for the money :)

gilvey
19-04-17, 08:28
I have a triax modulator that I currently use for the magic eye. Is there a magic eye you can use with hdmi? I currently use the scart into my triax box would an av to scart cable work? I know the quality won't be hd though

johnhoe
19-04-17, 17:48
I have a triax modulator that I currently use for the magic eye. Is there a magic eye you can use with hdmi? I currently use the scart into my triax box would an av to scart cable work? I know the quality won't be hd though Yes you can get IR transmitters and receivers to do this along HDMI cable. They are relatively cheap on ebay.

gilvey
23-04-17, 16:38
Just found out my triax will control other devices via its magic eye function. So hdmi splitter is all I need and a hole in the ceiling lol