PDA

View Full Version : Single tuner or twin tuner to stream to firestick

Grenadekid
06-02-17, 20:28
Hi I'm going to purchase a new receiver from the sponsor tonight and just wondering if I should buy a Edison mini twin or single tuner, I plan to stream movie bouquet to amazon firestick in another room and watch the box on hdmi feed on main tv possibly at the same time. I realize I may be talking jibberish on wether twin or single tuner has any bearing at all in what I'm trying to do.

abu baniaz
06-02-17, 20:49
it is not jibberish, it is vitally important. If you have only one tuner, you can only stream channels on same transponder as what is being viewed.

ruby1303
06-02-17, 20:57
yeah for your case you must have dual tuner, if not you can only watch the same channel at the same time on both rooms, and with a dual tuner you can see 2 different ones and record while watching a different channel

Grenadekid
06-02-17, 21:21
Thanks fellas just the info I needed:)

Andy_Hazza
06-02-17, 21:53
Thanks fellas just the info I needed:)

The Edison OSMega is a great box worth looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grenadekid
06-02-17, 22:18
Thanks Andy, but could only really stretch to £100 region, just purchased an Edison OS mini twin tuner from sponsor. if I like this one I might purchase a mega for my own house, they look really good value for money. I am a big VU fan with a small wallet:) so I will have to see how this Edison rubs off on me.