PDA

View Full Version : Edision os Mini owned by someone who is clueless

bigbill2656
06-02-17, 12:39
Firstly I hope I have posted this in the right place if not Im sorry.

Last year our satellite box in our caravan broke in my wisdom I proceeded to a German shop and bought a dual tuner Edision os Mini thinking id just plug it in and it would work, Wrong!
I dont know if I should just throw it in the bin or beg for help so here is the begging. I have the instruction booklet with uk 4 pages of NOTHING! I thought id have a look see if i could figure it out ound a update area so thought i would start there and updated everything it said needed updating now its stuck on a home page with OPEN AV and the box says Boot. is there any hope for me is there a walk through for idiots? I saw in a video there should be a usb stick in the box, there isn't. all i want to do is what tv when im abroad where in off to again in a couple of weeks hence why I have dug this out of its new box.
any help would ne great thanks
Bill

silverblack
06-02-17, 18:28
Have a look at the flashing guide here and the first 2 stickys AutobouquetsMaker and CrossEPG.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301-ViX-Team-Images-Guides-Here

bigbill2656
06-02-17, 18:32
and will I be able to get satellite channels by following what you have posted above, sorry when I said havent a clue it was meant.
thanks
Bill

bigbill2656
06-02-17, 18:34
you say flashing guide here sorry but where?
I dont know how to get past as its stuck on a home page with OPEN AV on it and no mater what button on the remote it does nothing also on the front of the box it says BOOT.
I actually feel that's what i ought to do boot it out the house.
thanks again

silverblack
06-02-17, 18:48
Looks like the box you bought has the Open ATV image on it.This forum uses Openvix so you will only get support for that.

A flashing guide is here for Openvix http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/edision-usb-flashing-guides/

bigbill2656
06-02-17, 19:18
ok got them I will read it I dont care what on it as long as it works :-) I have a sd card so that a start :-)
I will see if I can find what to put on it then go from there thanks for your help.
Bill

Huevos
06-02-17, 19:24
You need a USB to flash it.

bigbill2656
06-02-17, 22:38
Well I have satellite now �� Now I need to find out how to delete all the channels that don't work and find out what will work in Spain. I have openvix working by the looks of it anyway. Do I have to rescan when I'm in Spain or should it still work?
Thanks

cactikid
07-02-17, 00:29
it may depend on the sat beam coverage has got smaller for 28.2 and if spain is inside or outside that sat.

http://www.satbeams.com/

bigbill2656
07-02-17, 00:38
Can you tell me how to adjust display settings?
If I go to settings lots of the writing is to the left and I can't see how to adjust it. Instead of setup mode I have tup mode as the se are off the screen to the left but I can't find how to change it. Also how do you streamline the tv channels so you don't have loads of repeats or blank channels.
Thanks everyone for your patience

bigbill2656
07-02-17, 00:42
Oh if I scan Astra and have the channels do I have to rescan the whole system if I change to hotbird. I have a motorised sat dish on the caravan that is set up to find three one is Astra another hotbird then I think it's Astra 1 but not positive

cactikid
07-02-17, 00:52
user interface is used to adjust picture to fit screen in system settings,select up/down and use < or > to move screen green ok when finished .

.................................................. ..................................

if scanning another sat you will get another list of channels for that sat and may end up with 8 sats scanned and loads of channels.or load a channel list but sorry to say i forgot what:rolleyes:

bigbill2656
07-02-17, 00:55
Just found it thanks

bigbill2656
07-02-17, 00:58
About the channels! At least you forgot I never knew :rolleyes:

bigbill2656
07-02-17, 00:59
At least I can read what the setting say even though I still haven't a clue what's right and wrong

cactikid
07-02-17, 02:04
when you say settings in what relation,if it is the picture they differ for all tvs?

.................................................. ..................

i found this on forum xml list as this might be the sat list i mentioned earlier but unsure,i also need one for motorised lol

http://satellites-xml.org/

bigbill2656
07-02-17, 02:15
It was a problem with not being able to see some of the writing when I was looking at the settings page but found the thing I was looking for in Main menu, setup, system, user interface then position set up. I have found out how to get the channels a bit more organised by using bouquet set ups, that help a lot just need to spot how to delete the channels that are blank or I'm unable to see, like sports channels etc, I'd like to see them but didn't expect them to work as I don't have sky or bit at home.
Thanks for trying to help me yet again though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
07-02-17, 06:41
Changing the creen positioner (user interface) is the very very VERY last resort. You need to disable the "Overscan" feature on your TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk