PDA

View Full Version : Iptv support

Grenadekid
05-02-17, 20:26
Is anybody running iptv on the Octagon SF8 HD? if so does it run ok? and second question, not sure how to put this but can I stream lets say a sports bouquet to a firestick running kodi with the vu+ addon on one tv and watch another channel on the hdmi output on another tv? This SF8 box is a single tuner just for anybody not familiar with it. I am going to buy from the sponsor as its within my budget.

Grenadekid
05-02-17, 22:58
I have been poking around the forum and other places and it seems the Octagon can run iptv ok, but worryingly this receiver also shares the xp1000 name and i see this receiver is not fully supported by openvix iirc anymore. Is this why the SF8 is being sold cheaper? Would I be better going for another model, bear in mind I need one with a scart which limits my choice.

garryboy
05-02-17, 23:01
There still support for the Sf8. Just not the older max digital xp1000 I have. Previous model of the Sf8 that has no digital display screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grenadekid
05-02-17, 23:06
Thanks Garryboy, I just don't want to find out 6 months down the line I'm left with a doorstop.

Grenadekid
05-02-17, 23:18
Just thinking again maybe I don't need a scart receiver, I'm thinking would the video out socket work on an old crt tv?, off hand I don't remember if it has a video in jack. I will have to check

Grenadekid
05-02-17, 23:47
okay checked tv and now I can go for a box without a scart as long as it has video out, doesn't matter about sound as I only use the old crt to change channels as the receiver is a bit away from tvs, this may sound awkward but I have a reason for not using any switching devices from the viewing tvs;)

garryboy
05-02-17, 23:53
There still support for the Sf8. Just not the older max digital xp1000 I have. Previous model of the Sf8 that has no digital display screen.

Yeah thats pretty much my position now.

Cost me £129 at the time from the sponsor and a bitt pissed it's no longer supported

Il continue using the most recent vix on it and hopefully that does me ok. It's just a bedroom box.

cactikid
06-02-17, 00:36
still got the xp box myself and have tsmedia on it and nice radio stations in there for my 5-1:D

every box will be non supported at a time when things move ahead,newer is better.:D

Grenadekid
06-02-17, 19:08
Thanks for help looking more towards the xtrend 7000 now as I don't need a scart