PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] front lcd display

mike666
05-02-17, 19:42
I have updated my GI Xpeed LX1 to version 4.2.029 and front LCD panel started blinking. You can see it in video in attachment.
Itīs very annoying so please can you tell me how to stop it?
Version 4.2.028 did this too but only each minute and it was annoying too but this makes mi crazy.

mike666
09-02-17, 20:53
Today I have updated my box to version 4.2.030 and itīs the same - each second blinks time and date.
I donīt think itīs a good idea...
Can you add possibility to switch it off in "front pannel settings" in next versions?
In LCD setting I have set to display time in standby mode and even if I set it to "display nothing", the time is not present just the dots on the display but the date blinks each second.

Riverz
10-02-17, 00:02
Same here using 4.2.030 (Edision os mini) led back on at the moment but keeps going dim every now and again.. getting random blinking then dies for a length of time.
Reboots / switch at back makes no difference.
It just comes back on when it feels like it.

mike666
12-02-17, 19:13
Thanks for your info.
I think I will have to roll back to version 28 which was the last "proper" one.
It seems itīs not worth updating...

Riverz
13-02-17, 18:01
The problem is 028 autobouquetsmaker update config files don't work.
So for us os mini users its between a rock and a hard place.

I remember the days when openvix worked.
No random crashes, no broken plugins, a front led that worked.
Those were the days.

mike666
13-02-17, 19:05
You are right. I was using OpenHDF for a long time but it was the same as you mentioned... so I exchanged HDF for ViX and I donīt know if itīs better.
But to be honest ViX is more stable and faster and as I donīt use autobouquet marker the 028 will be good for me. But itīs a shame to be afraid of updating...
Anyway thank you very much for sharing your experience. It seems like nobody from ViX team is interested...