PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] GUI Bootloop after image update/settings back up

BubbleBalls
05-02-17, 12:52
Hi,

just couch flashed to 4.2.029 and restored settings. Now a constant GUI restart. I have tried all 6 USB sticks here and none will allow a clean flash. I have searched for a telnet cmd to update and tried this

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Still bootloop continues.

Is there a specific command I can use to flash the downloaded 4.2.029 already on the HDD?

EDIT - Wife was streaming from box at the time of settings restore - maybe coincidence?
Thanks

bassethound
05-02-17, 13:06
The only time i get a boot loop is if i install a incompatible skin or plugin

to remove a skin ftp to /usr/share/enigma2 and delete the skin

to remove a plugin ftp to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and remove plugin

and restart box

BubbleBalls
05-02-17, 13:17
Cheers for that - As I had mediaportal installed I thought it might have been that but bootloop continues. I use NightHD so there should be no issues with the skin. Thanks for the suggestions and file paths.

I don't mind doing a clean install if I could command the flash to point at 4.2.029 already in the HDD. Do you know if that is possible?

The only time i get a boot loop is if i install a incompatible skin or plugin

to remove a skin ftp to /usr/share/enigma2 and delete the skin

to remove a plugin ftp to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and remove plugin

and restart box

ccs
05-02-17, 13:24
I think there has been a kernel upgrade on some GigaBlue boxes in 029, have you tried to flash an earlier release?

A couch flash is the only way I'm aware of that will boot an image off an hdd.

Remove all usb devices except the flash stick before re-flashing.