PDA

View Full Version : 403 Error when on WAN

iamSteve
04-02-17, 15:09
Previously everything worked on LAN or WAN, but now for the last few months I am unable to access the box via WAN. I am still able to access my router, ip cameras etc. via port forwarding while at a remote location so I am assuming it has stopped working due to a box update? I have no password set for the user name root.

Local LAN

Remote WAN

Any tips to get this working again remotely will be gratefully received.

Steve.

ccs
04-02-17, 15:14
No automatic box updates, but if you're port forwarding, someone else may have messed up your settings.

iamSteve
04-02-17, 15:21
I have updated the box several times over the last 12 months, but not exactly sure when it stopped functioning.

Guess its possible someone has changed something, but what would they have changed? It connects fine locally but not remotely.

iamSteve
04-02-17, 15:46
Ok, from another thread it looks like at some point remote connection was changed to require authentication. So I set up a password for root user then went to the plug ins and webif..... Then seen this..... Doh

Changed the options and it now appears to be working remotely.

iamSteve
10-02-17, 14:02
Now another issue but the 'same' topic, I can stream live TV by selecting the program, however when I try to stream a recorded 'movie folder' item I am asked for the user name and password again by VLC. WMP just has a blank screen.

I have the option for requesting password for streaming set to No

joysleep1
03-03-17, 12:37
Ok, from another thread it looks like at some point remote connection was changed to require authentication. So I set up a password for root user then went to the plug ins and webif..... Then seen this..... Doh

Changed the options and it now appears to be working remotely.

Hi steve
Can you please explain how you set the password for this and manage to access remotely?