PDA

View Full Version : Unable to see 2nd sat tuner

giub1981
04-02-17, 13:12
Hi

I have recently purchased a sat tuner from the sponsors for my ET10000 as I wanted to replace my cable tuner. I currently have a cable tuner in slot A (which I am currently not using) and my new sat tuner is slot B. I have screwed both my sat feeds into the sat tuner and it does find the tuner when I try and configure it, however, it does not show the 2nd tuner. I thought that it might be my cables that were the problem so I swapped them round but it is still the same. I then just had one cable screwed in to see what would happen. When the cable is in the top tuner, i get a picture. When I screw it into the bottom tuner, I get a message to say either "tune failed" or when I try a scan "Timeout for tuner lock". Is there something I am missing in my setup?

I have attached some pictures if this helps to show my issue:

1 - Shows that the tuner shows up in slot B, labelled Tuner B (I thought that it should show tuner B & C for both sat tuners)
2 - Current set up of tuner B
3 - Shows both feeds in the sat tuner
4 - Shows the feed in bottom tuner. When I have tried it, I get the "timeout for tuner lock" or "tune failed" messages
5 - shows one of the errors
6 - shows the other error.

I want to have it set up for I can watch one channel and record another.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Huevos
04-02-17, 13:43
What do you mean both sat tuners? Tuner in slot 2 is a single. Second socket is for loop out to another device. Cable from the dish must be attached to RF input socket.

giub1981
04-02-17, 14:37
That will explain it then. I thought that as it had two connections, I could put both feeds into it. Do you know if they make a duel tuner for sat as there was not one for sale? Thanks

rossi2000
04-02-17, 14:44
I don't think they do for xtrend, you'd have to buy another single tuner.