PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Yahoo Weather Plugin Crashes

techygirl
04-02-17, 09:25
4.2.029 VIXBMC_1080_Confluence Skin

I have the Yahoo weather plugin mainly as it shows on the LCD screen of my ET8500. But it only appears on the LCD intermittently. If I then go into the weather plugin via the blue button my box then crashes. (Log attached.)

It also did the same thing on Vix .028

Is this a Vix problem or a skin problem?

rossi2000
04-02-17, 10:07
plugin problem it looks like.

gabriele
04-02-17, 10:22
Yahoo plugin error ...notice on restart it has the updated city ...so still kind of works:)

gerinemo
04-02-17, 10:32
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54725-Issues-with-Yahoo-Weather
Posted this in December

gabriele
04-02-17, 11:19
...but as this plugin was part of the XTA bunch not likely maintained and smething has changed in data at Yahoo.
The plugin is only used to update the city location after that the ET8500 LCD skin calls a ViX converter Yweather.py which uses it's own calls to the Yahoo system .. so you could try backing up the config/location_id in the plugin
usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/YahooWeather/Config/Location_id
And restoring it after updating your system next time:)

techygirl
04-02-17, 16:20
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54725-Issues-with-Yahoo-Weather
Posted this in December

Reading your post does that mean I could just delete the plugin Yahoo Weather and get Foreca (is it a plugin?). and if so would that populate the LCD?

techygirl
04-02-17, 16:23
...but as this plugin was part of the XTA bunch not likely maintained and smething has changed in data at Yahoo.
The plugin is only used to update the city location after that the ET8500 LCD skin calls a ViX converter Yweather.py which uses it's own calls to the Yahoo system .. so you could try backing up the config/location_id in the plugin
usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/YahooWeather/Config/Location_id
And restoring it after updating your system next time:)

Thanks. I am not quite sure what I need to do. I have just ftped into the box and found the Location_id and copied it back to my pc. (I take it that the number contained is my location).

gabriele
04-02-17, 17:00
As long as the location is set correctly then the lcd skin should run for your location correctly ... (does it? It could be that yahoo have ##### up again by changing the call :) , in which case it needs more review)
Assuming it works then if you reflash your image then just copy the location backover to the weather plugin location .... until someone fixes it:)
Use this site to do a lookup and check your numeric code!!
http://woeid.rosselliot.co.nz/

techygirl
04-02-17, 18:29
As long as the location is set correctly then the lcd skin should run for your location correctly ... (does it? It could be that yahoo have ##### up again by changing the call :) , in which case it needs more review)
Assuming it works then if you reflash your image then just copy the location backover to the weather plugin location .... until someone fixes it:)
Use this site to do a lookup and check your numeric code!!
http://woeid.rosselliot.co.nz/

The numeric code is correct. The icon (and temp) only shows intermittently. (see pictures below).

gabriele
04-02-17, 19:19
The numeric code is correct. The icon (and temp) only shows intermittently. (see pictures below).
Looks like yahoo are setting a limit on how many times you can check on the weather which they have done before .... not sure if this is fixable:)

woodbar
04-02-17, 19:43
For what it's worth, my ET8500 is doing exactly the same on 28 and 29!

gabriele
04-02-17, 19:52
For what it's worth, my ET8500 is doing exactly the same on 28 and 29!

It will be on any release as it seems to be an issue with yahoo and their api

gerinemo
04-02-17, 22:52
yep you can remove the plugin Yahoo weather
and install Foreca
And yes it will update on the Lcd :-)

gerinemo
04-02-17, 23:29
Should also say im not entirely sure that the LCD is taking its weather from Foreca
as the LCD config would suggest its getting it from MSN
maybe someone with a little more knowledge can tell us if its getting the weather from the Foreca plugin or MSN
Cheers

gabriele
05-02-17, 07:31
Et8500 uses its own skin not lcd4linux plugin and uses yahoo weather

gerinemo
05-02-17, 09:57
Ah that would explain it then
Im using a duo2 and as can be seen in the attachment although I have foreca plugin installed
it appears to be looking to msn
as a test i checked the weather in amsterdam on msn and changed the city in lcd4linux and the temp changed to same as msn
where as foreca was reporting 2 degrees higher
cheers

woodbar
05-02-17, 11:33
I've had to remove the errant Yahoo plug-in on my ET8500 and replaced it with foreca.

Foreca works fine as an extension etc. but it definitely does not update the ET8500 lcd.

gabriele
05-02-17, 12:10
Well at the moment it all appears to be working including the Yahoo weather plugin.