PDA

View Full Version : Dual LNB Feed Down Single Cable

The_Taffinch
03-02-17, 12:15
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me...bit of a novice...

I have tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything that really quite answered this. Please point in the right direction if I am just being a clod.

I currently have a dual LNB but there is only a single cable running into the house and into my sat box which has a single tuner. I am thinking of upgrading the tuner and would really like dual tuner capability for better recording. I could drill another hole in the wall for a second feed, but is there a way of 'multiplexing' the feed from the LNB down the existing single cable and then splitting it out again to the two tuner inputs? If so, are there any downsides?

Cheers in advance:-)

DaMacFunkin
03-02-17, 13:03
There is a device called a stacker, but it is less than perfect.
If your box has a FBC tuner you could swap your LNB for a unicable, the n you wouldn't need the extra feed.
Otherwise a new cable is required.

john doe
03-02-17, 13:15
as damacfunkin says. you will need to send another cable from LNB to the box, unless you box has a FBC tuner and go for a unicable (my next project)

The_Taffinch
03-02-17, 14:25
Thanks both. I've checked out the FBC option. As far as I could see the only common model available with FBC 'out of the box' is the VU+ Solo 4K (?). This is more than I wanted to pay...so I think the only option is to get my massive tool out (to drill through the wall).:)

john doe
03-02-17, 17:24
there the uno 4k, mutant 4k which are much cheaper. sound like you best to install another feed

abu baniaz
03-02-17, 23:28
Another case of people mixing up FBC and unicable. Anybody telling you that you need an FBC tuner for unicable is mistaken.

You can buy a Unicable LNB, there is a very good one in the classifieds for £25. An ebay seller sells a four SCR version for £15.

You connect one co-axial wire to LNB. Near the the receiver you use a power pass splitter, you will then have more than one signal wire. You connect these to the tuners., making usre each channel uses a different channel/frequency.

You will need an adapter for the LNB if you are using a sky mini dish and obviously the splitter too.

Huevos
04-02-17, 03:10
Yep. Any e2 box can be connected to a unicable lnb. And if the box has internal loop through you dont even need a spliter.