PDA

View Full Version : HD51 Flashing Image Backup

Willo3092
01-02-17, 19:59
I don't seem to be able to restore my ViX 4.2.028 image backup either by couch flash or usb flash.
Using usb it seems to flash successfully but just goes into a bootloop on reboot.
I have no problem flashing clean image downloads, just backup images.
Couch flash brings up this error message:

Andy_Hazza
01-02-17, 20:24
You are unable to "couch flash" the HD51 officially on ViX. Same for the Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K & Vu+ Ultimo 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrxbox360
01-02-17, 20:37
You are unable to "couch flash" the HD51 officially on ViX. Same for the Vu+ Solo 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K & Vu+ Ultimo 4K.

Hi sorry if this sounds a daft question but what does the term couch flashing mean, ive heard it mentioned before but never found out the meaning :confused:

Andy_Hazza
01-02-17, 20:42
You can "couch flash" using ViX Image Manager (Blue button > ViX > Image manager & Yellow button to download the images). So you can "Couch" (Flash) the receiver while you are sat on a settee/bed etc and not having to usb flash.

Willo3092
01-02-17, 20:50
Oddly enough I can couch flash an OpenATV image from ViX but not an OpenViX image.

mrxbox360
01-02-17, 20:51
You can "couch flash" using ViX Image Manager (Blue button > ViX > Image manager & Yellow button to download the images). So you can "Couch" (Flash) the receiver while you are sat on a settee/bed etc and not having to usb flash.

Cheers for the reply :thumbsup: / will this feature be added to the hd51 in the future releases

garryboy
01-02-17, 21:17
I take it settings restore works ok

gabriele
01-02-17, 21:44
Oddly enough I can couch flash an OpenATV image from ViX but not an OpenViX image.

Openatv have code in their SoftwareManager utilities optimised to support the HD51 extended facilities ..... like couch flash and Multiboot.
ViX don,t seem to be interested in offering the couch flash facility for arm processors.

Willo3092
01-02-17, 21:57
That's a pity. I prefer ViX but looks like I'll be sticking with ATV on the HD51 then.

Willmoore
01-02-17, 22:10
I have asked this question before regarding couch flash for HD51 and never got a satisfactory answer as to why it's not available - although Fat Tony (vix beta tester) said a couple of months ago 'wait and it will come'

Willo3092
01-02-17, 23:00
I have asked this question before regarding couch flash for HD51 and never got a satisfactory answer as to why it's not available - although Fat Tony (vix beta tester) said a couple of months ago 'wait and it will come'

I'm waiting :) Seems strange that the ViX image manager will restore an openatv backup but not ViX :confused:

tfal
02-02-17, 00:28
I must be a lucky one , I have twice couch flashed my HD51 on vix and had no problems , feelig blessed lol

Maxxxx
02-02-17, 07:05
Pedro_Newbie of OpenPli has a solution of the problem. The HD51 has 4 partions, the restore has to know where to restore.
The only problem left, you can only restore inside the menu and not flash at boot from an usb stick.

They added the number of the partion to the kernel file name, so for e.g. kernel1.bin

Willo3092
02-02-17, 20:55
Sorted now, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :thumbsup:
I installed OpenPLI and extracted the backupsuite plugin and copied it over to ViX.
It creates a fullbackup_hd51 folder on the hdd.
If you just make a zip of the hd51 folder it can be restored from ViX or ATV using the standard image managers.