PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM Swap BBC News 24 with BBC News 24 HD

robiom
31-01-17, 16:04
Sorry guys

I'm sure someone has already answered this but I am struggling with understanding all the information on this great forum.

Is there any way ABM can be configured to put BBC News 24 HD channel in to the SD channel position 503?

If not, how do I make/modify a custom xml file that achieves that and how do I make that file the default?

Once again apologies for such a basic question.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Andy_Hazza
31-01-17, 18:47
Do you have Swap enabled? Are you using "CustomRegion" in Providers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
31-01-17, 21:02
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

Please post a debug log of the scan. Saves us asking loads of unnecessary questions.

robiom
31-01-17, 23:17
I've not got swap enabled because I thought it swapped all SD channels out and put their HD equivalents in their place. That would be much worse as I don't receive any Sky HD channels so in effect I would lose all the SD ones and have blank screens for the HD ones.

The only one I need swapped is the BBC News 24 channel. At the moment it's 570 and I want to put it at 503.

Hope that clarifies the request.

I haven't uploaded the scan log because all the channels are their, no problem.

Thanks for responding so quickly

Rob

abu baniaz
01-02-17, 01:11
Does your area location end in SD, HD or Custom?

Select the Custom one and enable the swap.

robiom
02-02-17, 16:19
Does your area location end in SD, HD or Custom?

Select the Custom one and enable the swap.

Thanks Abu. I've tried that and it does work but it also replaces BBC 1 with BBC 1 HD which loses the localization. I no longer get programs specific to my location like the local news.

Is there any way just to get BBC News 24 swapped with BBC News 24 HD.

Sorry for the hassle. Maybe more instruction on making a custom bouquet would help me to do it that way. Sorry once again for being dense on this.

Rob

PS maybe the ABM could get individual swapping of channels in the next update?

abu baniaz
02-02-17, 16:46
You swap all or nothing.

If you don't want to do that, create your own provider file and remove the swaps you do not want.

robiom
02-02-17, 17:41
Thanks for the quick reply Abu. I've reread the instructions in the readme.txt file for custom bouquets and tried to do a custom xml with just the channels I want swapped.

Here are the lines I changed in the sd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml file.

<configuration description="BBC NEWS HD" channelnumber="570" lcn="503"/>
<configuration description="CNN HD" channelnumber="579" lcn="506"/>

I then coped the modified file into the original location. I've restarted the box but it is just the same as before. What have I missed?

Rob

abu baniaz
02-02-17, 17:44
Attach your file and debug log

robiom
02-02-17, 17:51
Sorry for being an idiot but where is the debug file located and I just tried to attach the xml file and it said invalid. Do I need to zip it or what??

Rob

abu baniaz
02-02-17, 18:06
Post 3 has a link. Please click on it and read it.

You will have to zip the xml file. Sorry, should have said

robiom
02-02-17, 18:14
Hi Abu

I've sorted it. Should have read more and worried less!

I changed the provider for Sky UK from Norfolk Custom to Norfolk SD. Restarted and all is as I had edited in the xml file so must have read that okay.

Sorry for all the hassle and thanks for being so patient.

This is such a great forum.

Rob

abu baniaz
02-02-17, 18:18
You would be better off using the Custom version, not SD. The Custom version excludes the channels you cannot watch.

robiom
02-02-17, 22:01
All sorted-ish. Using custom as you suggested. But for some strange reason the system is ignoring a rename I did for BBC One East E (101) to BBC One Anglia (101).

Thanks

Rob

DaMacFunkin
03-02-17, 09:02
Delete the providers cache and try again.

abu baniaz
03-02-17, 09:08
All sorted-ish. Using custom as you suggested. But for some strange reason the system is ignoring a rename I did for BBC One East E (101) to BBC One Anglia (101).

Thanks

Rob
How did you rename the channel?

DaMacFunkin
03-02-17, 10:18
Find this section in your xml and add the line as is:

# Other channels
1016: "Made in Liverpool",
1078: "Made In Birmingham",
1372: "Colors HD",
2079: "BBC One HD",
2106: "BBC One Anglia",

robiom
03-02-17, 15:35
Thanks for the suggestion but sadly it hasn't changed anything.

I'll have to just accept it.

On a slightly different note, can I have a custom mix file as well as the custom one I've done. If so, which one is processed first?

Thanks

Rob

dsayers
03-02-17, 15:48
Thanks for the suggestion but sadly it hasn't changed anything.

I'll have to just accept it.

On a slightly different note, can I have a custom mix file as well as the custom one I've done. If so, which one is processed first?

Thanks

Rob

You still haven't said how your trying to rename the channel maybe have a look here post 10 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks doy you mean a sky uk custom.xml and irl.xml file?

robiom
03-02-17, 16:11
Sorry, must be going blind or the page didn't refresh to show your latest posts.

I followed, or thought I followed the instructions in the readme file in the custom directory. That's how I renamed the BBC News HD but maybe that worked as there was already existing a BBC News HD channel.

I've attached the custom xml file for you to see what I've done.

Thanks

Rob

dsayers
03-02-17, 16:53
I maybe wrong but you could try this custommix file 52414

DaMacFunkin
03-02-17, 17:08
Sorry, must be going blind or the page didn't refresh to show your latest posts.

I followed, or thought I followed the instructions in the readme file in the custom directory. That's how I renamed the BBC News HD but maybe that worked as there was already existing a BBC News HD channel.

I've attached the custom xml file for you to see what I've done.

Thanks

Rob

no no no, make the change i suggested in the actual sat_282_sky_uk.xml not the custom, any channel names in the custom are just for reference, they don't actually rename anything.
Delete providers.cache if present then run again.

Huevos
03-02-17, 18:49
make the change i suggested in the actual sat_282_sky_uk.xml not the custom, any channel names in the custom are just for reference, they don't actually rename anything.
Delete providers.cache if present then run again.Not a good idea.

robiom
03-02-17, 19:24
Well I did as suggested and no change so I'm going to leave it for the moment.

Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

Rob

Huevos
03-02-17, 19:59
Well I did as suggested and no changeWhat didn't work? Any combination is possible. If it is not working you are doing something wrong. Please be specific and post a debug log with extra debug enabled for every failure.

ccs
03-02-17, 20:03
Does the OP need to stop enigma first before copying/editing/replacing these xml files?

abu baniaz
03-02-17, 20:30
No he doesn't have to stop E2. But best to delete the providers cache.

Huevos
03-02-17, 22:25
If you change a provider.xml file the cache is rebuilt automatically.

@robiom, after you have made changes to the custom xml files are you scanning again? A scan is necessary for the changes to take effect.

robiom
04-02-17, 15:57
So I deleted the cache via ftp and uploaded the modified xml files.

I then went via the menu to ABM and deleted the bouquets and re-scanned.

After I restarted the box (not just the GUI) the names remained the same.

I've attached the files.

Thanks everyone.

Rob

dsayers
04-02-17, 16:52
what changes have you tried in the sat_282_sky_uk.xml? I cant see anything thats been changed. You say uploaded the modified xml files only try one at a time

abu baniaz
04-02-17, 17:03
A bit off topic, why do you want to change the official name of the channel?

Is the issue not a matter of name, but a different version of BBC 1 being received?

robiom
04-02-17, 19:35
As per the suggestion in post #17 I added 2106: "BBC One Anglia",

I wanted to try one thing at a time to see what was happening.

Rob

robiom
04-02-17, 21:19
I just changed ITV Anglia East to ITV Anglia and then I used ftp to load it into the box. I then deleted the cache and re-scanned, restarted and to my great surprise it worked.

I can't see anything I did differently but I'm not complaining.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

Rob

PS I did get an error message about providers saying incompatible 2.4 > 2.5 whatever that meant.

robiom
05-02-17, 15:17
FYI. When you change a channels name in the providers xml remember to rename the picons.

I'm using SkyQ 1.7 so there were two locations containing the picons.

Once again a big thanks for everyone's help.

Rob

Huevos
05-02-17, 17:13
Doing changes in the providers.xml files is not recommended as these will be overwritten on update. The correct method is to do it in a CustomMix file.

robiom
05-02-17, 22:12
Doing changes in the providers.xml files is not recommended as these will be overwritten on update. The correct method is to do it in a CustomMix file.

Thanks Huevos.

Being thick and new to this could you point me in the correct direction please?

Thanks again

Rob

Huevos
05-02-17, 22:42
Did you read the sticky?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks&p=412056&viewfull=1#post412056

Or did you try the solution in post #21 above?

robiom
05-02-17, 22:56
I've been reading the sticky and trying to relate it to the custommix xml and getting a little confused but that's not unusual.

I will "tinker" and see how I get on.

I assume the custommix xml goes in the custom folder of ABM, let me know if it needs to be elsewhere please.

Thanks

Rob

Huevos
05-02-17, 23:11
Custom folder, yes.

robiom
06-02-17, 15:18
Tinkered and all is working. I edited the example in the link you posted, removing all unwanted info and then uploaded to the ABM\custom folder.

I then deleted the providers cache and re-scanned, restarted.

Absolutely great, what a brilliant forum with so many willing to help.

Thanks for all the help

Rob

robiom
06-02-17, 23:16
Find this section in your xml and add the line as is:

# Other channels
1016: "Made in Liverpool",
1078: "Made In Birmingham",
1372: "Colors HD",
2079: "BBC One HD",
2106: "BBC One Anglia",

What are the numbers before the channel names i.e. 2106: and where can I find the full list please.

Thanks

Rob

robiom
06-02-17, 23:18
A bit off topic, why do you want to change the official name of the channel?

Is the issue not a matter of name, but a different version of BBC 1 being received?

Just a bit of OCD as the official name is "BBC One East E" and it's bugging me. In the end I changed it to "BBC One East"

Rob

abu baniaz
06-02-17, 23:23
What are the numbers before the channel names i.e. 2106: and where can I find the full list please.

Thanks

Rob

Those are the EPG/Channel ID. You can create a csv file using this custom file (goes in custom folder)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=391794&viewfull=1#post391794

Or use the test provider file (goes in providers folder)
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=394528&viewfull=1#post394528

robiom
07-02-17, 07:25
Thanks Abu.

I've looked through the links and searched but can't find the EPG/Channel ID for Channel 5 HD. Do you happen to know this one please?

Sorry for being a pain in the neck.

Rob

abu baniaz
08-02-17, 03:48

What did you do?

robiom
08-02-17, 11:58

What did you do?

Nothing bad. Just wanted to finish my tidy up of all the channels. In the end I swapped nearly all the available HD channels and left the renamed BBC One East as the local SD version.

Just fantastic all the help you and the others have given. I really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Rob