PDA

View Full Version : VU+4K Ultimo Common Interface v Samsung UHD TV Common Interface Options

John57
31-01-17, 12:02
Morning All

I am looking for some general advice regarding my desire to purchase a new VU+4K Ultimo with a DVBT-T2 HD module/C1.

My normal TV viewing is done via satellite, Astra 28 & Astra 19 on a fixed dish.

I would now like to consider the additional TV viewing options now been offered by utilising the new DVBT-T2 HD transmissions that is now being broadcasted in Germany, hence my question to the knowledgeable forum members,

Is there is any difference at all in installing/inserting the DVBT-T2 HD cam directly into my Samsung KS9590 UHD TV slot or into the VU+4K Ultimo would it make no difference at all it terms of channel zapping speed or any other day to day operations that one normally undertakes when watching TV content?

This is just a general question that I would like to explore,

Kind Regards
John

DaMacFunkin
31-01-17, 13:24
From what i understand the T2 tuner module of the VU+ will not support the German broadcasts without driver fixes.
I may have that wrong but i'm sure that is what i read.

John57
31-01-17, 13:46
DaMacFunkin

Thank you, thats a real pity would have been nice to have it all in one unit. In another thread that I posted I think that your point was actually stated via another forum member, guess I forgot that, I guess until a fix is found the only option left to me is to install the cam into the TV directly.

Appreciate your prompt reply

Regards
John.