PDA

View Full Version : Tuner B keeps dying (final checks before contacting WoS)

Bodmass
29-01-17, 18:43
Hi,

Before I contact WoS to complain I just thought I'd see if anyone from Vix thought this might not actually be a hardware fault:

Tuner B is occasionally dying during record, even when recording is being done on the other tuner & I'm watching Tuner B.

When this happens I try to reboot and I get stuck in Boot mode and 40 odd log files are created (example of 1st log produced is below). I power the box off & restart and then it boots, showing both tuners working again.

Sometime later, tuner B crashes again. I can repeat this process several times a day. This has been happening over several versions of Vix.

So before I complain, is there any chance at all that this might be my image? Any chance at all this might be something, anything, other than a hardware failure?

Thanks

Bodmass
29-01-17, 18:44

Ford1
29-01-17, 18:48
Have you tried swapping the feeds to check if tuner a behaves like this?
It could be a problem with your lmb?

Bodmass
29-01-17, 18:58
Yeah - sorry, meant to mention that I have swapped input feeds & tuner B still goes down :(

No1gooner
29-01-17, 19:31
Edision os mini here running latest vix (4.2 028) and have no issue with either tuner and this has been the case across various versions of vix, you say even when your recording on the other tuner and watching tuner b it also happens? What are you using to record to a hdd or usb stick? I would check those first before contacting WOS, I had a different kind of issue to yours but it turned out to be my storage device and not the edision after sending it back, also turn on de-bug logs and post that aswell and someone with a bit more savvy then me will more then likely be able to pin point it for you, if you have to send it back then WOS are very good with their support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodmass
29-01-17, 20:27
Good point about recording media. I'm using the external HDD bought from WoS along with the box.

I have a 32gb Cruzer flash drive that has worked previously to flash the box when there was a problem upgrading from 0.21. I'll give that a go and schedule a few recordings to it.

(I should point out that it's not just that recordings fail, the box states it is receiving no signal to tuner B when I check Signal Searching from the menu.)

Logs are on and I can pull any of those in post 2 for anyone from Vix who would care to comment about the likelihood of the problem being the software before I complain to WoS???

Bodmass
05-02-17, 23:42
Very final checking stage, Return already arranged,but.....

Is it at all possible that there's something in my tuner set up that is causing this?

Could someone advise how I should set things up in Setup>Service Searching>Tuner configuration please? Single/Toneburst/DiSEqC etc.

I'm using a double input from a dish feeding a whole block.

cactikid
06-02-17, 00:52
both tuners would be setup like this if on 28.2

Bodmass
06-02-17, 21:20
Cheers! That's what I had anyway.

Clutching at straws :(

Bodmass
15-02-17, 15:56
Got an email stating booked back in to WoS, 7 mins later one saying tuner failed test with another soon after to say replacement sent for next day delivery.

All good with new one so far :)

:thumbsup: