PDA

View Full Version : media player, when will it be fixed ?

BRAVEHEART
13-01-11, 08:16
can i stick my neck out here a wee bit and ask when the media player is going to be working properly ?

Its good now to be able to watch movies off the usb stick and it works, i havent had any problems with sound or glitching really apart from the odd movie, but its the size of the picture, its not the correct size, its always full screen when it should be the original source size like 16:9 etc, and we all know that having it zoomed in like that loses lots of the picture quality and is cropped too so you lose a lot of the actual picture.

I dont bother too much as its the wife that watchs most of the movies, but it would be amazing to have it working proper just like it should be, will this be something thats sorted in the next vix1.4 image or what ?

i was just wondering as it would be nice to have everything working good as everything else appears to be spot on.

could someone tell me please, maybe sicilian or some other admin.

thanks for your time and i appreciate everything done so far.

thanks guys.

Sicilian
13-01-11, 08:33
This is not down to the ViX Team. Email VU+ Tech support

support@vuplus.com

Larry-G
13-01-11, 08:41
agreed, as SIC has said. the deficiencies in the media player operation and support are nothing what so ever to do with VIX or any other team for that matter. this is a matter for VU them selves any concerns / complaints should be directly addressed to them.

pooface
13-01-11, 08:57
As both Sic and phoenix...

One other thing worth mentioning, if you want to make a complaint about anything (not directed to you alone braveheart), flash with the latest original image, and see whether the problem exists there. If it does, you need to complain to vu, if not, and the problem is with the vix image, then complain to us ;)

Sent from my HTC Vision

BRAVEHEART
13-01-11, 09:14
ok lesson learned, i have just emailed the email address that sicilian gave me with the problem, sorry guys, i thought it was some of you guys that were making the images, i didnt have any idea, so i will see if i get a response, are they generally good at responding or are they like talking to a brick wall like some places ?

Larry-G
13-01-11, 09:16
ok lesson learned, i have just emailed the email address that sicilian gave me with the problem, sorry guys, i thought it was some of you guys that were making the images, i didnt have any idea, so i will see if i get a response, are they generally good at responding or are they like talking to a brick wall like some places ?

andyblac does indeed make the VIX images but as there based on the original images released by VU+ them selves, he is very restricted by the deficiencies in their source code, such as the poor media player.

BRAVEHEART
13-01-11, 09:26
As both Sic and phoenix...

One other thing worth mentioning, if you want to make a complaint about anything (not directed to you alone braveheart), flash with the latest original image, and see whether the problem exists there. If it does, you need to complain to vu, if not, and the problem is with the vix image, then complain to us ;)

Sent from my HTC Vision

out of curiosity, you know if anyone has went to the bother of putting the original image on to see if the problem is there ? i guess not or you would have said, eh ? i dont want to mess with my stuff as i need help to get things going again, hope you understand.

pooface
13-01-11, 09:36
out of curiosity, you know if anyone has went to the bother of putting the original image on to see if the problem is there ? i guess not or you would have said, eh ? i dont want to mess with my stuff as i need help to get things going again, hope you understand.

I don't know whether anyone has ... but in this instance, the media player problems are not even touched by us. The deficiencies with media player are duo to the base image and drivers... So, until vu get these fixed, they won't be fixed in the vix image...

In regards to getting it all up and running again, in the vix image, if you press blue button, go to vix at the bottom, and then go to image manager, you will be able to create a backup of your image as it currently is. Therefore, you can then restore your image to the current setup (ftp the files from /media/hdd/imagebackups/dateofbackup/ to your pc, so you can copy it to the usb stick). Then, you don't need to worry about re-setting up your image after testing the base image ;)

BRAVEHEART
16-01-11, 11:12
not even had a reply from them yet, thats not very good service, but we shall see, they might take thier time doing things, not unless thier email went into my junk or delete bin, hard keeping a track on that. just thought i would let you all know, has anyone else had any luck sending messages to the image support team ?