PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] What Outstanding Issues Do you Want Sorted in Image?

Nitemare
29-01-17, 16:35
Currently using VIX 4.2.028 image for Ultimo 4K ...

Whilst I'm pleased to have an image for my new Ultimo there are a few items STILL outstanding to make it the way I'd like ...

1. Support for the VU+ USB Turbo Tuner (S) ... so I can access my FreeView Channels (UK)

2. Support for my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard so I can use the Chromium Browser with ease (rather than fumbling with the remote control unit) ... :)

3. Autoresolution plugin issue with 720p signals resolved ... (hopefully ongoing with thanks to Birdman) :thumbsup:

All of these issues are working with another Image for the Ultimo 4K (but I prefer the VIX/OBH OE-Alliance set-ups)

I DO appreciate a lot of work goes into the images (and skins) by a group of VERY talented people on here (and elsewhere) and I'm always very grateful for their hard work!!

Maybe others can list their wants/needs? ... so that the images produced are best possible under the limitations of the box itself ...

Thanks ... :)

Sicilian
29-01-17, 16:42
Ref 1), are you sure the USB turbo tuner is not working? Have you installed the drivers via plugin feeds?

Nitemare
29-01-17, 16:47
Ref 1), are you sure the USB turbo tuner is not working? Have you installed the drivers via plugin feeds?

I'll check now ... :)

Nitemare
29-01-17, 17:06

Not working (drivers installed) ...

When I connect my VU+ Turbo TUNER (S) the following is happening ...

In Tuner Configuration - TUNER B (which is of course the my DVB-S/S2 NIM 45208 FBC) is now seen as a DVB-C NIM 45208 FBC tuner!!) which I don't have ...

TUNER S is as DVB-T/C USB NIM (TURBO) but states DVB-S2

So I've lost TUNER B (second Motorised cable) and I've no access to set-up the VU TURBO in TUNER S ... it offers options as if it was a DVB-S/S2 tuner (simple, advanced, loop though, etc ...)

see pics ...

Sicilian
29-01-17, 17:09
Thx, I'll have to test this and make a bug report to VU+.

Nitemare
29-01-17, 17:18
Thx, I'll have to test this and make a bug report to VU+.

Cheers Sicillian ...

Note that this isn't an issue with another Image for Ultimo 4K ... (VTi) ??? but is it structured differently???

Thanks.

Nitemare
31-01-17, 21:15
3. Autoresolution plugin issue with 720p signals resolved ... (hopefully ongoing with thanks to Birdman)

I can confirm this evening that thanks to Birdman this issue is resolved ... :)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55020-Autoresolution&p=437521#post437521 (post #79 has the amended py file to fix)

Now ... if Sicillian can get the Tuners issue sorted

... and the drivers for my Logitech KR400 are sorted to use Chromium with ease ... I'll be VERY happy with my Ultimo set-up ... :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who take the time to make these things happen ... :)

Huevos
31-01-17, 21:31
USB keyboard issue has been reported for all Vu boxes a long time ago. Only works in factory based images. USB keyboard works fine for other brands so nothing to do with OpenViX.

Nitemare
31-01-17, 21:37
USB keyboard issue has been reported for all Vu boxes a long time ago. Only works in factory based images. USB keyboard works fine for other brands so nothing to do with OpenViX.

Yes I've read that before .... not criticizing VIX Image on this ... its more an observation that I'm hoping can be ratified for oe based images ... fingers crossed!

rossi2000
31-01-17, 21:53
Cheers Sicillian ...

Note that this isn't an issue with another Image for Ultimo 4K ... (VTi) ??? but is it structured differently???

Thanks.

try to avoid comparing factory based Vu images with ours.
of course 99% of stuff works on those.

Nitemare
31-01-17, 21:56
try to avoid comparing factory based Vu images with ours.
of course 99% of stuff works on those.

just an observation ... I'm of course realising that there is a difference between factory based images and others ... (learning which are which ... )

Cheers.

Huevos
31-01-17, 22:10
(learning which are which ... )If they only support Vu boxes they are a factory based image.

Nitemare
31-01-17, 22:16
Okay thanks for that ... :thumbsup:

leshay
01-02-17, 23:25
Hi
On my Gigablue Quad Plus using latest VIX image (4.2.028): with very few settings changed from default.

My Power Timer to go to Deep Standby from stand by is no longer working. I have deleted/rebuilt it but it still doesn't work. It is set for 10min, but just doesn't go into Deep Standby. If I manually put it into Deep Standby, the box wakens up from Deep Standby to record but then doesn't go back to Deep Standby. The last image it was working on OK was 021 I think.

When using skip forward keys, quite often, it jumps but into a 'paused' mode with frozen picture and no sound. This has been present in all images. This can extend to further jumps forward from the frozen condition - but, not always. There was one occasion when it jumped into the paused condition, but the sound continued.

birdman
02-02-17, 00:50
My Power Timer to go to Deep Standby from stand by is no longer working. I have deleted/rebuilt it but it still doesn't work. It is set for 10min, but just doesn't go into Deep Standby.Could you post a copy of your timers.xml file from /etc/engma2?

There was one occasion when it jumped into the paused condition, but the sound continued.My box occasionally jumps to a state where there is no audio, but the video continues. If that happens I just press back+forward again. Not a fix, but a quick and simple workaround.

leshay
02-02-17, 02:41
Could you post a copy of your timers.xml file from /etc/engma2?

My box occasionally jumps to a state where there is no audio, but the video continues. If that happens I just press back+forward again. Not a fix, but a quick and simple workaround.

Hi
I can manage to 'fix' the skip issue by doing as you say.

Here is my Timers.xml (site doesn't apear to allow .xml attachments, so changed to .txt)

birdman
02-02-17, 03:34
Here is my Timers.xml (site doesn't apear to allow .xml attachments, so changed to .txt)Thanks - I'll have a look.

PS: You can attach anything if you make a zip file of it.

birdman
02-02-17, 03:37
Thanks - I'll have a look.Sorry - I must have been asleep when posting earlier...
Can you please attach your pm_timers.xml file.

Woodza147
02-02-17, 14:17
Hello,

Would it be possible to simplify VPN usage within Vix? I started trying to use a guide i found on here but it got far too technical for me (changing pieces of code etc.), is there any way you could add some form of app as with android operating systems (OpenVPN) to allow me to use my box through my existing vpn service?

leshay
02-02-17, 16:27
Sorry - I must have been asleep when posting earlier...
Can you please attach your pm_timers.xml file.

Hi
OK, here it is.

birdman
02-02-17, 19:55
Hi
OK, here it is.Thanks.
It's continually backing off the timer. That means one of the conditions to allow DeepStandby isn't being matched.

These are:

if the box is not in Standby and is playing back a recording or showing an IPTV channel
if there are streaming clients
if there is a recording being made
if a new recording is to start or a channel zap is set to occur within teh next 15mins
if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby and it is not in Standby
if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby, it is in Standby but an internal disk is not idle.

My inclination, based on your other comments, is towards that last test - in particular the check for the disk being idle. What do you have your disk sleep timer set to?

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Hard disk settings -> Hard disk standby after

leshay
02-02-17, 22:06
Thanks.
It's continually backing off te timer. That means one of the conditions to allow DeepStandby isn;t being matched.

These are:

if the box is not in Standby and is playing back a recording or showing an IPTV channel
if there are streaming clients
if there is a recording being made
if a new recording is to start or a channel zap is set to occur within teh next 15mins
if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby and it is not in Standby
if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby, it is in Standby but an internal disk is not idle.

My inclination, based on your other comments, is towards that last test - in particular the check for the disk being idle. What do you have your disk sleep timer set to?

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Hard disk settings -> Hard disk standby after

Hi

That setting is at 5min - I have never altered that setting so I assume it is the default.

An example. I have the box manually put to deep standby at 01:00 and have a timer set for a programme (Daily Politics) 12:00 - 13:00, and no other timer until (One Show) at 19:00. At 15:00 I see the box is in Active mode (not standby and not deep standby), where as in previous versions, the box would have returned to deepstandby by that time since last recording.

One thing I should also have mentioned, and only just came to mind. Since the last couple of VIX updates, when I manually set to deep standby, I always get the 'recording in progress or coming up soon' message - this regardless of the fact that the next recording isn't due for several hours, and there is no recording in progress.

ccs
02-02-17, 22:12
..try here for 'recording in progress or coming up soon'

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48033-Unable-to-go-into-deep-standby-after-a-recording&p=382929&viewfull=1#post382929

leshay
02-02-17, 22:31
..try here for 'recording in progress or coming up soon'

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48033-Unable-to-go-into-deep-standby-after-a-recording&p=382929&viewfull=1#post382929

Hi
My timeshift settings were: Automatic start after = disabled, stop timeshift whilke recording = yes

I set the 2nd one to 'no', and tried a manual deep standby - still get the message about recordings - next recording isnt due for 1 hour and no current recording taking place.

ccs
02-02-17, 22:35
Hi
My timeshift settings were: Automatic start after = disabled, stop timeshift whilke recording = yes

I set the 2nd one to 'no', and tried a manual deep standby - still get the message about recordings - next recording isnt due for 1 hour and no current recording taking place.
Well, you did have the combination which caused me exactly the same problem getting into deep standby.
Are you sure you saved the change with the green button?

leshay
02-02-17, 22:49
Well, you did have the combination which caused me exactly the same problem getting into deep standby.
Are you sure you saved the change with the green button?

Hi
Yes, the settings were commited using the green button.

Just to confirm, these are my current timeshift settings now:
auto start: disabled
warning: no
save: don't save
stop while recording: no
seekbar: no
warning streaming: no

ccs
02-02-17, 23:00
Mine are:

/media/hdd/timeshft
Disabled
yes
Ask user
no
yes
yes

leshay
02-02-17, 23:24
Hi
Yes, those settings are identical to mine when I first tried the change of the 5th item in the list from Yes to No. I since tried various changes ending up with those I posted. None of them worked. Still getting the message when trying manual deep standby. (recording now so can't try further for the moiment)

ccs
02-02-17, 23:28
Maybe a reboot will sort it.

Over to @birdman, methinks.

birdman
03-02-17, 03:34
I always get the 'recording in progress or coming up soon' message - this regardless of the fact that the next recording isn't due for several hours, and there is no recording in progress.That's something that will require some debug information gathering to sort out.
If I produce some (python) files with additional debug logging statements in would you be able to put them onto your system, run with debug logs and post the logs back here for me to look at? It might take several cycles of this to track down what is (not) happening.

ccs
03-02-17, 10:52
Hi

I wonder if your power timer is being counted as a "timer due to start soon"?

birdman
03-02-17, 14:27
I wonder if your power timer is being counted as a "timer due to start soon"?No - it's only looking at the Recording timers for that.

leshay
03-02-17, 17:06
Hi

Well, some good news (as far as I am concerned). After the setting change of the 'stop timeshift while recording to Yes' from ccs post, and after yesterdays recordings were finishedI put the box into deep standby as usual and did NOT get the more usual warning about 'recordings in progress/starting soon' and box went straight to deep standby. Today, at a short time after last recording, the box reverted back to deep standby as per the Power Timer.

Seems the timeshift settings are somehow causing the issue I had.

Rob van der Does
03-02-17, 17:40
2. Support for my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard so I can use the Chromium Browser with ease (rather than fumbling with the remote control unit) ... :)
To elaborate a bit on that: this has been an issue with all VU's since the day the DUO (which was their first STB) was born. VU has 'hacked around' this driver bug, and VTi & BH as well (they use the VU factory image as basis and add some plugins). In the beginning we could also work-around this bug (remember: we support other brands as well, so normally hacks in E2 are not done) in an easy way, until a driver update (quite some time ago).
I know from reliable sources that VU has promised to fix this in their drivers, but they never did. So chances that they do so now after stubbornly refusing that for 6 years seems unlikely (to me).

Nitemare
03-02-17, 17:58
To elaborate a bit on that: this has been an issue with all VU's since the day the DUO (which was their first STB) was born. VU has 'hacked around' this driver bug, and VTi & BH as well (they use the VU factory image as basis and add some plugins). In the beginning we could also work-around this bug (remember: we support other brands as well, so normally hacks in E2 are not done) in an easy way, until a driver update (quite some time ago).
I know from reliable sources that VU has promised to fix this in their drivers, but they never did. So chances that they do so now after stubbornly refusing that for 6 years seems unlikely (to me).

Ahh that's sad then ... shame on VU!! Pity as having a fully working keyboard certainly makes using the browser much more appealing ...

If I wanted to highlight that issue directly with VU how would one do that??

leshay
03-02-17, 18:53
That's something that will require some debug information gathering to sort out.
If I produce some (python) files with additional debug logging statements in would you be able to put them onto your system, run with debug logs and post the logs back here for me to look at? It might take several cycles of this to track down what is (not) happening.

Hi
I would gladly have done that, but as you will see from later posts, the issue seems to have been fixed with the change to Timeshift settings.

birdman
03-02-17, 19:34
Hi
I would gladly have done that, but as you will see from later posts, the issue seems to have been fixed with the change to Timeshift settings.Ah, good. That's all the better.

Given that this has now happened twice (at least) I suppose I might try looking at why this setting has this effect. ((IIRC for ccs it happened even when timeshift wasn't actually enabled...). That means pushing up my list a bit...

leshay
03-02-17, 21:33
Ah, good. That's all the better.

Given that this has now happened twice (at least) I suppose I might try looking at why this setting has this effect. ((IIRC for ccs it happened even when timeshift wasn't actually enabled...). That means pushing up my list a bit...
Hi
Thanks for your help.
Actually, I did have 'Automatically start Timeshift' set to Disabled at the time of my issue. I think the culprit was the 'Stop Timeshift while Recording' which I had at Yes (I think that was the default), and after changing to 'No', my issue appears to have been fixed.
I don't know what all the defaults are, but as I have never used Timeshift, I *think* that the only setting I may have originally changed would be the Enabled to Disabled.

Weeman22680
14-05-17, 00:44
Updated Vu Duo 2 box to 5.0.013 and now when I press left or right key when watching recorded program it brings up seek bar instead of fast forward and rewind. Can this be fixed?

Huevos
14-05-17, 03:11
Updated Vu Duo 2 box to 5.0.013 and now when I press left or right key when watching recorded program it brings up seek bar instead of fast forward and rewind. Can this be fixed?This thread is about the Ultimo 4K. Please start your own thread.

Weeman22680
14-05-17, 12:52
Sorry posted in wrong place just delete. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk