PDA

View Full Version : Sky q lnb with this receiver

chalky
29-01-17, 10:25
Considering this receiver and need a bit of guidance regarding lnb.
I have a sky hybrid lnb and a sky q box.
Is this a FBC lnb and could I use it with this box
Thanks

TK4|2|1
29-01-17, 10:30
The hybrid lnb only has a standard legacy output, so functions as a standard output not a unicable needed for FBC tuner.

chalky
29-01-17, 10:48
So I will need to buy a different lnb when I stop sky q. What is the tuner in the q box if it's not a FBC
Will the uno 4K work ok with the standard lnb or with the hybrid lnb I have if it's not connected to the sky q box

Andy_Hazza
29-01-17, 11:39
So I will need to buy a different lnb when I stop sky q. What is the tuner in the q box if it's not a FBC
Will the uno 4K work ok with the standard lnb or with the hybrid lnb I have if it's not connected to the sky q box

The Uno 4K would work with the hybrid, but you wouldn't fully utilise the FBC capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
29-01-17, 11:44

Don't join what is separate.

FBC tuner will work with universal/standard LNB.
FBC tuners do not require Unicable LNBs. They give additional benefit from having them.

Wideband LNB = Sky Q only (as far as we know)

Hybrid LNB= Wideband ports to Sky Q.
Hybrid LNB= Universal/legacy ports connect to non-Sky Q tuners.

Chomper5000
09-08-17, 20:00
Hello,

Why would the uno 4k utilise FBC? Im thinking of buying one. Just like to know the pros and cons. Thanks.

The Uno 4K would work with the hybrid, but you wouldn't fully utilise the FBC capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
10-08-17, 05:06
The Uno 4K only uses FBC pluggable tuners. For both sat and cable.

Going by your other thread, LNB does not come into the equation. There are no LNBs on cable!

For all intents and purposes, an FBC Cable is eight tuners. Only Vu have these at the moment.