PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader

Bazzer
28-01-17, 11:49
I have picked up a Vu duo and I believe it ain't been updated since 2013.Will I have to put a new boot loader on and will I be able to update via Image Manager.

robotman
01-02-17, 13:29
i'd flash the latest bootloader if u intend on updating to the latest vix version
only takes seconds with a usb stick then flash the latest version of vix using the usb mem stick
then you should have a fresh install vix
you can then configure how u like and all downloads you need will be in the plugins menu on the reciever
plenty of guides can be found on here if ur struggling

Bazzer
01-02-17, 13:38
Thanks m8 appreciated i will be doing it over the weekend once again thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

Bazzer
01-02-17, 13:45
i'd flash the latest bootloader if u intend on updating to the latest vix version
only takes seconds with a usb stick then flash the latest version of vix using the usb mem stick
then you should have a fresh install vix
you can then configure how u like and all downloads you need will be in the plugins menu on the reciever
plenty of guides can be found on here if ur struggling

Ok just one final question it says Update text .Rev. 3.0

- Increase the update usb file size to 128M Bytes
- Change the flash memory map(kernel size : 4M, /boot : 2M)
How do i do this any help appreciated:confused:

timofee
01-02-17, 14:44
If you install the new bootloader it will perform those actions automatically.

But check if your 2013 box has already been updated to the new bootloader. The "new" bootloader was released in October 2011 (and it is the latest available version) so many boxes dated 2013 will already be updated.