PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin+ Plus] No channels with 4.2.027 and now 4.2.028

obtutus
27-01-17, 13:44
Box = MiracleBox Twin+ Plus - 3 T2 tuners - UK Freeview.

I don't seem to be having much luck with getting tuning any channels (UK Freeview) with either 4.2.027 or 4.2.028 (other problems with earlier versions - see later).

First tried updating online via the menu and since then using USB method with both a restore and then fresh when that didn't work.
I can still get channels if I go back to 4.2.026 and earlier.
I go through the same set up on both 26 and 27, 28 to get to the tuning stage so don't think it is user error.

I am back all working on 4.1.016 and happy with that for now but thought I'd bring this problem to the attention of the developers.
If anybody wants me to try again and produce logs or whatever then I am happy to help.

Oh, the other issues I have with 26 and earlier, in case it is weirdly related. If I install a skin (Confluence) via plugins the box hangs when it goes to restart the GUI and cannot be recovered so I have to do a USB install. Not sure if that is a general problem I have with plugins?

* Hope I have explained everything clearly and posted correctly as first post :) Please ask if further info required.

0jjones
29-01-17, 19:43
The best way is not to do a manual tune but use auto bouquets maker

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
29-01-17, 20:53
Have you checked your tuner configuration?
What mast do you use?

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

abu baniaz
29-01-17, 20:57
Oh, the other issues I have with 26 and earlier, in case it is weirdly related. If I install a skin (Confluence) via plugins the box hangs when it goes to restart the GUI and cannot be recovered so I have to do a USB install. Not sure if that is a general problem I have with plugins?

If you are on 026, and install an item that has been declared to depend on Enigma2, Enigma2 will be updated. 027 introduced a change in box branding, so enigma2 fails because a dependency has been left behind.
If you cannot update, you can download the ipk, extract it with 7zip and manually transfer it.

I don't know if you can update boxbranding by itself. That would cure issue with installing items

obtutus
30-01-17, 12:21
The best way is not to do a manual tune but use auto bouquets maker

Thanks but I tried auto, manual and ABM. None of them worked on 027 and 028. Fine on 026.

0jjones
30-01-17, 12:22
That's strange. I have uno4k and zero and abm works for me

obtutus
30-01-17, 12:23
Have you checked your tuner configuration?
What mast do you use?

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Thanks, I set them up as T2 in the wizard. In ABM I set to Tunbridge Wells as I believe that's my transmitter. As I said this works on 026 but not 027. Perhaps there is some new setting somewhere I am missing?

abu baniaz
30-01-17, 12:29
Let's forget scanning for now.

If you use the channel data from 026 on 028, does that work?

Can you conform tuner config is correct for all tuners in the tuner config menu please?

obtutus
30-01-17, 12:30
If you are on 026, and install an item that has been declared to depend on Enigma2, Enigma2 will be updated. 027 introduced a change in box branding, so enigma2 fails because a dependency has been left behind.
If you cannot update, you can download the ipk, extract it with 7zip and manually transfer it.

I don't know if you can update boxbranding by itself. That would cure issue with installing items

Ok, that may explain that one. I saw another thread with this problem and they were advised to to run a manual opkg update via telnet and it seemed to fix the issue. I will try that on my next attempt :-)

obtutus
30-01-17, 12:32
Let's forget scanning for now.

If you use the channel data from 026 on 028, does that work?

Can you conform tuner config is correct for all tuners in the tuner config menu please?

I shall try that this evening and let you know. Thanks for your help.

obtutus
30-01-17, 18:47
Reinstalled 026, tuned and all working.
FTP'ed everything from /etc/enigma2 - I think that's where the service config will be?
Upgraded to 028 which I guess should all work as is but get no reception.
Did init 4, copied back the /etc/enigma2 files and then init 3 but still no reception.
Get pop up box error saying service unavailable and to check tuner configuration.
Tuner config is still DVB-T2, switchable tuner, enabled on all 3 tuners.
I haven't tried tuning but I guess that would still fail.

Attached the latest log in case it gives any clues.

obtutus
02-02-17, 15:56
Has anybody out there with the same box managed to use 027 or 028 yet?

obtutus
04-02-17, 12:20
4.2.029 is the same.

Interestingly signal finder set to channel 52 (BBC) shows it has good reception but the scan fails.

* Edit - next time failed :-(

Tried OpenATV and that has no problems and looks like the same kernel at 4.1.24. Ho hum...

obtutus
16-02-17, 20:06
Good news! Just tried 4.2.030 and tuning now works again! All up and running, happy bunny again.

Thank you whoever fixed that :D

malcolmp
16-02-17, 21:58
Hello, I have just read this forum, I had the same problems (same box miraclebox) until I downloaded 4.2.030 and now all works fine. So it's a hear hear from me aswell to those in charge!!

obtutus
18-02-17, 13:14
Hello, I have just read this forum, I had the same problems (same box miraclebox) until I downloaded 4.2.030 and now all works fine. So it's a hear hear from me aswell to those in charge!!

Unfortunately I now end up with zero length recordings :( Does yours do the same?
When recordings start the box becomes very unresponsive.
I came back to try version 030 as I was getting this issue with OpenATV. On that version any disk activity like doing an image backup caused the picture to freeze and break up.
Since it happens on both OpenVix and OpenATV I can only assume there is a problem with the kernel.
I have gone back again to 4.1.016 which for the most part works. The downside is no plugins but a minor inconvenience.
Despite my box only being 6 months old it looks like it is too out of date to work with these later builds which is disappointing.
For a future purchase I would be interested to know which box is the most compatible and gives the least problems with OpenVix and would hopefully have a longer life. May start a new thread to see what people say.