PDA

View Full Version : rewinding issues..

jonmarkwright
27-01-17, 09:52
Hi All,

Not sure if this could be a setting issue or a harddrive issue as still finding my feet through the menu options.

Basically some times i cannot simply rewind part of a program back it comes up with the blue circle with a line through at the top corner. I notice last night if i was to pause the program and then play it again it then allows me to rewind but only but to the paused point.

Also on a recording I am finding if i fast forward any faster than 8 times speed the process freezes and jumps back to the start of the program and this is not because the program is to short of a recording.

The above leaves me questioning my harddrive as it is an old 2.5" one from a laptop that I utilized.

Rob van der Does
27-01-17, 12:02
1- Do you have timeshift enabled permanent (timeshift settings --> activate after xx seconds)? If not, you can only rewind until the point where you pressed pause. If yes, you can rewind until the moment you zapped to the service.

2- 'trick play', of which fast forward/backward is a part, is depending on drivers. There is no E2 STB that does all those functions perfect; the degree to what they work is hardware/manufacturer dependent.
A better way is to use the time-jump keys (3/6/9 - 1/4/7); they work perfect on all boxes.

jonmarkwright
27-01-17, 16:27
Thank you very much for the reply. I will have a look tonight and get back in touch..