PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Losing all Scanned channels after software update except 28.2

Grinnders
27-01-17, 01:32
Hi guys, This has been going on a while but I always like to be a good citizen and make sure I am on the latest version before I submit a support thread.

I have a dual LNB motorised dish and can scan over 9000 channels between 39E and 30W and I have noticed over a period of time, every week or so that I am losing all my channels except 28.2. I can do an automatic re-scan and they are all recovered but its a PITA and some non 28.2 channels I have added to bouquets are obviously lost.

Tonights adventure all started when I was experiencing a problem with Dreamboxedit 7.1.0.0 x64 where it would only download 28.2 channels and only gave 28.2. as an option in satellites. I looked at my Vu Solo2 box and all satellites were present. Hence the prompt for me to go to latest Vix software (I was on 4.2.013 prior to this so fairly up to date)

Having performed the update I have now lost 8000+ channels and all of the satellites I had previously scanned that are not 28.2 despite restoring my 0.13 backup.

So I suppose I have 2 questions.
1. What is preventing dreamboxedit reognising more than 28.2 when I DO have other satellites scanned on my box? and
2. What option is it that is overwriting / not-preserving my non-28.2 satellites and channels? Is there an option/plugin somewhere that could be inadvertently setup to only save the current satellite and discard anything else that I could also have inadvertently triggered with a s/w update?

The only scheduled option I think I have is ABM at 0730am, however it has seemingly run ok this week with no adverse effects to the 9000 channels.

Any ideas

abu baniaz
27-01-17, 01:42
If you are losing your satellites every week, have you got an automated process?

Do you have a satellites.xml file in /etc/enigma2? If so, upload it as an attachment please.
Can you also attach the one in /etc/tuxbox?

Grinnders
27-01-17, 19:31
I haven't got an planned automated process setup on purpose to rescan

Please find attached both satellites.xml files

Grinnders
04-02-17, 23:25
And it happened again overnight Friday. I wonder if its auto software updates?

abu baniaz
04-02-17, 23:36
There is nothing in the image to auto update. Only a plugin you installed can do that, or someone is hacking into your receiver.