PDA

View Full Version : New Box Time

mrxbox360
27-01-17, 00:41
So today i finally got my new mutant hd51 box,after looking around at different boxes it came down too either the mutant or an otagon sf4008. if im honest the main reason for the mutant box was i knew someone who bought one from wos shop 3 months ago & didnt like it so i was offered it for a really low price & it came fitted with a 500gb hdd installed.

I was suprised the set wasnt too bad & the picture quality in both sd & hd on my samsung 9000 series in 4k mode is very good & even the remote isnt that bad one you get used to it.

garryboy
06-02-17, 23:57
Got mines today also. So quick compares to my duo.

Have to agree with most of the comments regarding the remote. It is truly awful. Can't control the TV functions with it so I now need to used 2 controls.

Luckily I have a remote from my max digital xp1000 and that works it ok.

I was trying to get my original vu duo remote to work but it doesn't when I change input device to vu+

Any ideas how I can get it to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrxbox360
07-02-17, 02:26
So almost two weeks on & so far ive changed the remote to logitech harmony 650, this has allowed me to get rid of a few remotes which is a good thing as i had loads around the tv - i still cant get the volume to change by remote through the mutant, i have tried every think i can come up with ever tried webif still no joy. A soultion to the sound issues hopefully will come when my new bose solo 5 sound bar arrives in the next few days / ive decided that in the next few months i will order an octagon sf4008 as i want the triple tuner opition, by the time i get the new box the will have sorted a vix image & sorted any bugs out also then the mutant will be relocated to my man cave.

For anyone who is curious the picture quality is stunning in hd by cable running through my samsung 4k tv / the sd quality is ok & it dont make much difference weather its is from sky or cable as i have both tuners fitted. As for the oscam side it is really easy just do a lot of reading on other forums & you will be fine / as for the seep of the box it is very quick i would even say it beats my old vu solo 2 which was my previous box & i had for four happy years.