PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-3T COMBO] VFD Clock / Date Display when in standby

dntaylor
26-01-17, 19:50
The date & time display has changed with this latest update 4.2.028, when the unit was in standby using version 4.2.026 the VFD display showed the date and time in this format "26 Jan 18:30" it now shows "26Jan18:30" with no spaces. I know this is not a major issue but I would just like to know is there a way to modify this to the previous format?

Many thanks in advanced for any help with this.

TM_NANO-3T COMBO

abu baniaz
26-01-17, 19:57
Can you look at the following location on receiver

/usr/share/enigma2/display

open the skin_display.xml file, there will be a line along the lines, <!-- This skin is at github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/tree/master/data/....... -->

Post that line here.

dntaylor
26-01-17, 20:34
Thanks for your fast reply but I could not find that line in this file, but I did copy this file "skin_display.xml" from my previous build into this new build thinking that would solve this issue but it did not.

dntaylor
26-01-17, 20:46
I found that line with the file I replaced with the previous build....... this is it.
This skin is at github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/tree/master/data/displaytext -->
<skin>

abu baniaz
26-01-17, 20:50
People in charge of changes are aware and will look at issue in due course.

IanSav
28-01-17, 03:05
Hi Dntaylor,

The spacing change was made to allow for the option of displaying times in both 12 and 24 hour clock modes for skins that allow the option. (The 12 hour clock uses two extra spaces.)

I am reviewing my decisions and options with fellow developers to see what may be possible to optimise / improve front panel displays.

Regards,
Ian.

dntaylor
28-01-17, 08:09
Thanks Ian for your reply, I was just wondering is there a way for myself to change this option manually back to it's original settings?

Thanks again
Dave

Valiant
28-01-17, 10:43
There is obviously no need to change the output format if you are using the 24 hour clock format, since you will not require space reserved for AM or PM and the spacing can be unchanged from "26 Jan 18:30". Maybe "26 Jan 1130P" and "26 Jan 1130A" - takes up the same space, it is only a standby current date/time display after all. People should know what part of the day they are in, mechanical clocks do not have am or pm indicators.:)

dntaylor
28-01-17, 12:46
It's just the display I would like to change from "26Jan18:30" what it is now to "26 Jan 18:30" with spaces how it use to be, which I think looks a lot better.

abu baniaz
28-01-17, 12:53
Look at the display skin file. Replace VFD12 with VFD14 on line 125

IanSav
28-01-17, 13:22
Hi Abu,

Thanks for the lateral thinking suggestion that may well solve the problem. :)

(I am still looking at making the date format to use spaces on a 12 character VFD with a 24 hour clock.)

Regards,
Ian.

dntaylor
28-01-17, 14:36
A BIG thanks....sorted :)

IanSav
29-01-17, 13:18
Hi Valiant,

There is obviously no need to change the output format if you are using the 24 hour clock format, since you will not require space reserved for AM or PM and the spacing can be unchanged from "26 Jan 18:30". Maybe "26 Jan 1130P" and "26 Jan 1130A" - takes up the same space, it is only a standby current date/time display after all. People should know what part of the day they are in, mechanical clocks do not have am or pm indicators.:)
I have submitted some code updates that now make the 12 character displays dynamic. If the display time format is 24 hour then the date and time spacing is retained. If a 12 hour clock is chosen then the spacing is removed and the current compressed format is automatically used so that the whole time fits on the display.

For example, the 24 hour clock display is "26 Jan 18:30" while the 12 hour clock display is either "26Jan06:30PM" or "26Jan6:30PM" depending on the format chosen.

By the way, the code update now makes the UI times and the front display panel times independently configurable. The front display panel will gain an independent format control setting *if* the display skin in use has been updated to allow the setting. If the front display panel skin is not updated then the front display panel will be limited to a 24 hour clock.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
29-01-17, 14:55
@ISOz. your changes do not work on the receiver I tested, GI LX3. It has a G-VFD, not a VFD. I added the parameter entry to the "thingy" skin, still no option for time configuration. No big loss as the time is in 24 hour mode without the seconds.

Just to reiterate, all the receivers with a BW VFD, irrespective of size, physical or pixel count, use the same skin at github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/tree/master/data/displaytext