PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Required info for support questions?

deepthort
26-01-17, 19:05
Hi, I have a query about the information which is asked for when entering questions + one other item which is a genuine image question, I hope.

First, I'm asked:

What is series / name of Vix image you are using? Menu > Information > About > Version. E.g. OpenViX 3.0, Zeus, Helios, Apollo... ENTER THIS NAME. Well, on my information listing there is no "Version". I put in the only name I can find which is Python but this might be wrong, I guess. :confused:

Then I'm asked:

Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER. Again, there is no reference to "Build number" in my box although it seems obvious here that what's needed is the release number opposite the item marked "Image:"

Can I respectfully suggest that the instructions be made compatible with wording in the information panel to avoid confusion for unlearned folk like myself?

The real question I now have relates to the procedure to add a service to a bouquet. If I go into the all channels or single sat list, go to a channel, press Menu I get the contextual menu offering several options, one of which is to press 7 to add the service to a bouquet. Unfortunately, it doesn't do this. Instead it comes up with the channel name with the words [alternative edit] after, followed by a complete alphabetical all channels listing. On the other hand, if I scroll down to 7 and key OK the add service to bouquet function works perfectly. Although this might sound a bit trivial to some, if you're compiling a big list of favourites, the extra key presses needed to do all the scrolling makes for a much more tedious operation. This has only happened since I upgraded to 4.2.027 and then 4.2.028 (today). Is this just a defect of my box or does it happen to anyone else?

Cheers and thanks for all the great work you guys do :thumbsup:
Martin

abu baniaz
26-01-17, 19:24
Your version is 4.2
Build number is 028

See here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!&p=273128&viewfull=1#post273128

There is a request to amend the details.

You are right, it seems there is an issue with moving the channels. There used to be an option to enable move mode. That seems to have disappeared.

Off topic, you may find it easier to use the bouquet editor in openwebif or a dedicated program.

abu baniaz
26-01-17, 19:31
An update, Adding to bouquet works. Channel gets added to bottom of target bouquet.

Once in a bouquet, you can enable move mode. however move only goes down, not up. If you want to move it up, you have to go down then up.

IIRC, you could move both ways before.

deepthort
26-01-17, 20:38
For me, adding to bouquet does work but not if you press key "7" as it should, only if you scroll down. Re move mode, that seems to work fine for me both ways, but that wasn't the subject of the query! Re the Information About panel please see the attached screenshot - No "Version", "No Build"!
Thanks anyway, Martin

deepthort
26-01-17, 20:42
I just remembered Abu, move move used to be activated by numbers, now it's the green button.
Martin

abu baniaz
26-01-17, 20:46
May be related to the menu button changes.

Tkr001
27-01-17, 20:38
The OP is correct, pressing 7 to add service to bouquet does not work as intended. However you can still scroll down to the "add service to bouquet" line and press ok.

Andy_Hazza
27-01-17, 23:41
For me, adding to bouquet does work but not if you press key "7" as it should, only if you scroll down. Re move mode, that seems to work fine for me both ways, but that wasn't the subject of the query! Re the Information About panel please see the attached screenshot - No "Version", "No Build"!
Thanks anyway, Martin

Yeah in that picture you uploaded, clearly says you are on Image 4.2 Build 028 (4.2.028). [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepthort
28-01-17, 14:55
Sorry to be pedantic about this - I do now know what "version" and "build" are and where to find them. But previously, when trying to follow the guidlelines and without much knowledge I was effectively being told to enter the information from my screen next to the words "Version" and "Build", neither of which actually existed! Your instructions also mention an alphabetic name for my "version" (ie Zeus, Helios etc) which also does not exist. Furthermore, your example screenshot features the word "Build" but, again, that's not on my screen. I was simply asking for the instructions to mirror reality - God knows it's all complicated enough anyway for a newbie! :)
Martin

abu baniaz
28-01-17, 15:15
The line has been changed to "Image". So you would type 4.2 028. dont worry about it.

Your post led to the text being changed.