PDA

View Full Version : Edision Mini OS - Softcam help

Price690
24-01-17, 20:42
Recently had to reflash my Edision Mini OS, trying to get it setup again but I am not able to get a softcam.

I am using OpenVix

When attempting to load a softcam I follow these steps:

1) Hit Menu
2) Hit Plugins
3) I'm supposed to hit green button and wait for install plugin option

However, the only options at bottom of screen are
1) press green button to download plugins
2) red button to remove plugins

When I press green it throws up an error message.

What am I doing wrong here? Have I missed something? Should the install plugins option not appear and allow me to arrow down to softcams press ok and see CCCam2.3.0?

Ashley69
24-01-17, 21:07
Is your box definitely connected to the internet.

Price690
24-01-17, 21:22
I presume this is shown when you run a network test, which I did. It is connected to the internet.

To load the softcam I select plugins (press ok)

Plugin browser page opens with following options:

1) Bluetooth devices manager
2) CacheFlush
3) Cross EPG Downloader
4) Media Player
5) Media Scanner
6) Open Webif
7) Picture Player

At bottom of screen there is option to press red button (remove plugins) and green button (download plugins)

When I press green I get the following message:

"There has been an error, please try again later. If this issue persists, please check openvix.xo.uk or world-of-satellite.com"

The box has been working perfectly before I reflashed today. The channels had stopped working and stupidly I chose to do an update via the settings. I switched the unit off when it looked like the update was going nowhere. When I turned the Edision Mini OS back on it was stuck on same screen and the box didn't move from "boot".

I then saved the openvix file to a memory stick (format fat32) and put it in the box, it then started working again and defaulted to FTA channels. I then set about adding a cccam and putting in my old line but I cannot load the softcam at all.

abu baniaz
24-01-17, 21:38
Which image are you using please?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Price690
24-01-17, 21:40
Which image are you using please?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Virtuosso Image Xtreme

Version 3.2

Checked that in Menu-Information-About

Andy_Hazza
24-01-17, 22:02
That is an old image. 4.2.027 is the latest ViX image. You can couch flash via Blue button > ViX > Image Manager > Yellow button > Highlight on 4.2.027 & Green button to download. After a few minutes when the download has completed, Red button to close the window and your newly downloaded image should be listed. Highlight it and Blue button to Restore and say Yes when prompted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price690
24-01-17, 22:16
That is an old image. 4.2.027 is the latest ViX image. You can couch flash via Blue button > ViX > Image Manager > Yellow button > Highlight on 4.2.027 & Green button to download. After a few minutes when the download has completed, Red button to close the window and your newly downloaded image should be listed. Highlight it and Blue button to Restore and say Yes when prompted.

When I do just that I hit a brick wall when I go into Image Manager. When I hit image manager I get the message "Device: there is a problem with this device, please reformat and try again"

Price690
24-01-17, 22:22
does any of this have any effect on the plugins not being available?

I didn't have the latest image version before and I was able to load a softcam.

Andy_Hazza
24-01-17, 22:29
You will need to flash latest image via usb then. Feeds are not available on 3.2 Images, thus why you can't access them.